Military Multirole Aircraft Market Outlook 2030 -
A multirole combat aircraft (MRCA) is a combat aircraft intended to perform different roles in combat. A multirole fighter is a multirole combat aircraft which is, at the same time, also a fighter aircraft. Owing to the rise in the global conflict between nations and increased attacks on civilians, defense forces around the world are seeking aircraft that costs low on maintenance and are capable of performing functions, such as interception, elimination of hostile aircraft, and transportation. This reason is propelling the market growth for multirole aircraft. Demand for multirole aircraft with high aerial combat capabilities is propelling the growth of the market. Developing economies that cannot afford the high procurement and life cycle cost of air superiority aircraft are opting for multirole combat aircraft. For instance, India is producing its domestically developed multirole fighter aircraft HAL Tejas and recently acquired Dassault Rafale multirole fighter from France in 2019. Pakistan and China are jointly producing JF 17 multirole combat aircraft, which is being used by Pakistan, Nigeria, and Myanmar.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The global market for military multirole aircraft is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns. Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap. Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of military multirole aircraft, which negatively impact the market growth. However, this situation is expected to improve as government has started relaxing norms around the world for resuming business activities.
Top Impacting Factors
- Armed force modernization, increase in defense expenditure, and rise in demand for multirole aircraft are driving the growth of the market.
- High procurement cost is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
- Enhances interoperability, and technological development can be seen as an opportunity for the market investments.
The military multirole aircraft trends are as follows:
Rise in demand for multirole aircraft
Factors such as anti-piracy operations, search and rescue operations, and surveillance and reconnaissance on the long coast of developing countries have driven the growth of the multi-purpose aircraft market. A multirole aircraft can be deployed for aerial reconnaissance, troop transportation, ground attack, and many other roles, and it costs less than a multirole and air superiority aircraft. They can also operate in unfavorable weather conditions, unlike airplanes. The United States is narrowing down 20 different types of aircrafts in its defense fleet to just three types through the Joint Multi-Role (JMR) program. Europe provides a very good opportunity for Multi-Role Aircraft (MRH) manufacturers because of the aging multirole aircraft fleet (nearly 30% of the total fleet of European Union Countries). European countries can also jointly develop a multirole aircraft to save operational and manufacturing costs. In October 2019, Russia gave 2 Tupolev T-160 aircraft to South Africa and signed a deal for selling 12 Mi-35 attack and light troop transport aircrafts to Nigeria. Also in February 2020, the government of India completed all the work regarding the procurement of 24 Lockheed Martin MH-60R Romeo multi-role helicopters at the cost of USD 2.6 billion. This procurement is a part of fulfilling the requirement for 123 multi-role naval helicopters for the Indian Navy. Moreover, in May 2019, the Defense Ministry of India approved the deal for procuring 10 Kamov helicopters from Russia. Thereby, driving the growth of the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the military multirole aircraft along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the military multirole aircraft.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the military multirole aircraft growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed military multirole aircraft analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the military multirole aircraft research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the military multirole aircraft?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the military multirole aircraft?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Military Multirole Aircraft Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
The Boeing Company, Chengdu, Aviation Industry Corporation of China, Bombardier, Airbus SE, United Aircraft Corporation, Eurofighter Typhoon, Sukhoi, Lockheed Martin Corporation, McDonnell Douglas