Mine Countermeasures Market Outlook 2030 -
Mine countermeasures enable detection and counteract threats to commercial and military vessels. It operates primarily on the principle of acoustic and sonar systems, which detect, navigate, and classify enemy targets. Mine countermeasures are used to find and detonate naval mines in a safer manner to keep naval vessels safe. Counter-mine technologies are being developed by the government and defense enterprises across regions to prevent enemy threats., Naval mines have severely damaged or sunk nearly four times as many U.S. Navy ships since the end of World War II. Navy ships are as effective as all other modes of attack combined. Sea mines inflict damage to ships that cost many times more in terms of vessel reconstruction and maintenance than the unit cost of the mine detonated by the ship. Mines have been successful in disabling choke points, stopping, or slowing down amphibious landings, and limiting access to enemy coasts despite that they do not cause casualties. The rise in global conflicts and cross-border tensions in the Asia-Pacific region including China, India, Pakistan, and others are other factors expected to fuel the growth of the global mine countermeasures market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The government has imposed a lockdown to decrease the spread of COVID-19 causing the mine countermeasure system manufacturers to halt production. Shipbuilders are experiencing operational issues in ship construction and mine countermeasure system installation due to the government decision to enforce lockdown in the wake of the COVID-19. Naval forces are being forced to delay ongoing military projects involving mine countermeasure system installation & upgradation, due to lack of workforce caused by the travel advisory issued by governments globally. Manufacturers of mine countermeasure system are experiencing disruption in the supply chain of components and raw materials required for the development & testing of mine countermeasure systems. The government-imposed travel restrictions due to COVID-19 which has also affected the maritime tourism activities.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in transportation through ships and regulations mandated by various governments regarding national safety, increase in demand for advanced defense technologies, and surge in use of situational awareness solutions to protect maritime operations drive the market growth.
- High cost of acquisition, and nations with no coastline is expected to hamper the market growth.
- Increase in terrorist attacks & a focus on counter operations, and the launch of modernization programs by many nations across the globe can be opportunistic for the market growth.
The Global Mine Countermeasures Market Trends are as Follows:
Use of Situational Awareness Solutions to Protect Maritime Operations
The use of maritime situational awareness systems is steadily increasing due to rise in concerns about maritime safety and security. Maritime situational awareness systems provide effective methods for defending the naval forces, ships, container vessels, and dockyards against threats such as terrorist attacks, Improvised Explosive Devices mines, and cyber-attacks. The maritime situational awareness systems use a threat monitor, which identifies and assesses the level of risks, and sends signals to amplify the approach and angle of threat detected from the maritime ship. The use of a maritime situational awareness system helps in strategic planning, leading to the development of the future course of action. The maritime situational awareness system in many regions is driven by technological innovations in sonar. The U.S. and Europe are major consumer countries that are testing maritime mine detection equipment across their borders. There is an increase in the use of such systems to prevent possible terrorist attacks with the rise in geopolitical tensions. Maritime manufacturing companies are focusing on the development and improvement of command-and-control systems with all developing countries expressing interest in maritime situational awareness systems. Many companies are working on countermeasure solutions to detect mines. For instance, Thales Group signed a contract with Autonomous Surface Vehicles Ltd (ASV Ltd) to develop Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) to mitigate future off-board Mine Countermeasures (MCM) operations. General Dynamics Corporation tested the U.S. Navy Surface MCM Unmanned Undersea Vehicle (UUV) system, in 2018. Furthermore, Harris Corporation has entered into an agreement with IDIQ to provide maritime mine countermeasure support to the U.S. Navy which are built on smaller platforms for countries to share information through it via virtual networks. Therefore, the situational awareness solutions are expected to drive the growth of the global mine countermeasure market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global mine countermeasures market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the global mine countermeasures market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the global mine countermeasures market.
- The report provides a detailed global mine countermeasures market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Global Mine Countermeasures Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the global mine countermeasures market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global mine countermeasures market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Mine Countermeasures Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Northrop Grumman, Hydro GroupHeinen & Hopman, General Dynamics, Fr. Lurssen Werft GmbH & Co. KG, Lockheed Martin, Aselsan A.S., L3 Harris Technologies, ECA Group, BAE Systems, Naval Group