Mission Management System Market Outlook - 2027
A mission management system is a computer system that performs various functions such as handling of large amounts of field data, autonomous targeting, surveillance & tracking, defense, cyber safety, cyber-warfare, and other significant military functions. It is commonly used in fighter aircraft, helicopters, and military fighting vehicles, due to its high performance. Some of the world's developing economies are integrating Artificial Intelligence into the military to promote stability and defense. It enhances law enforcement, emergency, rescue and safety preparation, and execution by improving operators' situational awareness through a simple visual map of the mission’s scene.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Big spenders on defense such as the U.S, Russia devote approximately 4% of their GDP to defense, a substantial amount.
- Also, to safeguard the national borders, real-time information is required. The introduction of the mission management system, therefore, helps to compensate for the need for information, surveillance, and recognition (ISR) capabilities even in these pandemic situations.
- Solutions such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Reality (AR) are expected to contribute significantly when adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic and addressing constantly changing challenges.
- Defense has a comprehensive surveillance network in tandem with highly trained pilots and these facilities can be placed at the disposal of local authorities to track the situation of law and order related to national security during such pandemic situations.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The increased demand for enhanced military equipment is key to the growth of the global mission management system. Also, defense spending and demand for autonomous army vehicles and UAV control systems is rising due to the increased war threats. Besides, mission management systems allow soldiers to analyze data and to build successful combat strategies. Also, factors such as continued growth of electromagnetic spectrum and rising transnational conflicts are driving the worldwide market growth. Furthermore, it is necessary to have real-time information to protect the national borders 24 hours a day. However, some factors limit market growth, such as the platforms that are not suited for handling multiple threats. Therefore, the program won't be successful in times of massive unrest. Besides, the cost of introducing the program is high and is currently serving as a market constraint.Also, the absence of structured data could hamper market growth.
The global mission management system market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
L3Harris announced in 2020 that it is building a new platform to help military analysts classify objects in large imaging data sets using artificial intelligence, helps in analysis during missions.In 2019, the U.S. Air Forces Research Laboratory (AFRL), in collaboration with IBM and DARPA is working to develop neuromorphic computing systems aimed at improving processing capacity by using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to improve wartime decision-making, later to be integrated into mission management systems.
Increased mission management system application and rising automation in the cyber domain
These systems are getting preference in various military forces be it the Navy, Army, Airforce, Marines, Homeland security, owing to its use in various covert operations and ever-increasing territorial and border disputes. Growing applications and the advancement of artificial intelligence, big data analytics and its integration with traditional armaments, the mission management system provides required assistance for creating the digital scene; thereby, helpful in forming various strategies and wartime decision-making. These systems work in association with autonomous weapons and can acquire, classify, and pick-up targets efficiently, allowing them to target field fighting vehicles, providing visual support via the graphical user interface for easy analysis. Besides, the growing automation of cyber defense systems that are getting integrated into mission management systems will help mitigate vulnerabilities. The network architecture;thereby, will prevent and respond to potentially dangerous cyberattacks.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Mission management system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the mission management system market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the Mission management system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Mission Management System Market Report Highlights
By Products offering
Key Market Players
Thales Group, Curtiss-Wright, Piaggio Aero Industries, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell International, Bird Aerosystem, Neya Systems, Lockheed Martin, Quinetiq Group, Saab Group