mmWave Sensor Market Outlook – 2027
Millimeter Wave (mmWave) sensors help in identification of objects and provides velocity, range, and angle of objects by using contactless technology. The operating range spectrum of mmWave sensors is between 30 GHz to 300 GHz. As the range of the wavelength of signal transmitted is in millimeters, it can penetrate certain materials such as clothing and, plastic.
It is also capable of providing sub-mm range accuracy and is not affected by weather changes such as rain and snow. Thus, it is used in various industrial applications such as security, safety, and robotics. Innovations in these applications pave way for the market. The global mmWave sensor market is experiencing a significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in next few years.
The global millimeter wave sensor market is segmented on the basis of frequency band type, application, end user, and region. Based on frequency band type, the market is further segmented into 24 GHz to 57 GHz, 57 GHz to 86 GHz, and 86 GHz to 300 GHz. In terms of application, the market is sub-divided into radar & satellite communications systems, scanner systems, telecommunication equipment, and others.
Based on end user, the millimeter wave sensor market is further segmented into electronics, telecommunication, automotive & transportation, healthcare, military, and others. Geographically, the global mmWave sensor market is divided across North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM) and Middle East & Africa.
Key players of the mmWave sensor market analysed in the research include E-Band Communications, NEC Corporation, BridgeWave Communications, Siklu Communication Ltd., Renaissance Electronics & Communications, L3 Technologies, Vubiq Networks, Smiths Group PLC, Proxim Wireless, Wireless Excellence Ltd. and Others. They have adopted various strategies including new product launches, collaborations, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, agreements, and others to gain a stronghold and international presence across the world.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in demand for high bandwidth applications in electronic products such as smartphones and wearable devices lead to growth of the mmWave sensor market. Video conferencing, online gaming, video streaming, and media exchange over internet are expected to boost demand for the products further. However, its limited range of few meters acts as a restrain for the mmWave sensor market growth as losses for mmWave mainly depend on frequency and line of sight. Increase in demand from commercial and industrial sectors is expected to grow the market at considerable pace.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Vubiq developed an mmWave hyper imaging system in 2019. Coding and decoding of chip less RFID tags with higher ordered magnitude as compared to existing solutions. This system can locate various types of chip less, chipped RFID tags, and IoT devices with higher accuracy. This system can power and communicate with RFID tags as soon as the tags are located. This system also reduces cost of RFID technology and enhanced features, which were not available in previous systems.
Surge in Usage in Automotive and Telecommunication Applications
Adoption and implementation of mmWave sensors in automotive radar such as long-range radar (LRR), instrument landing systems (ILS), and advanced avionics navigation systems is increasing rapidly. Moreover, in the telecommunication industry, owing to adoption of 5G technology across the globe, need for mmWave sensors is expected to rise as it helps in level measurements, enhances automation, and high data transfer capability.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global mmWave sensor industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global mmWave sensor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the mmWave sensor market trends.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed mmWave sensor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition would take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The global mmWave Sensor market size has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have been stalled which, in turn has declined the market growth.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new mmWave ensor systems as workers are staying at home, which, in turn, has disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on millimeter wave sensor market is temporary as just production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these products are expected to gradually increase.
- The current scenario is expected to provide opportunities for companies to think about ways to increase their production, research about technologies, and improve current products.
Questions Answered in the mmWave Sensor Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the mmWave sensor market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on millimeter wave sensor market?
- How current trends would influence the market in next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints and opportunities in the mmWave sensor market?
- What are projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
mmWave Sensor Market Report Highlights
By Frequency Type
By End User
Key Market Players
NEC Corporation, BridgeWave Communications, L3 Technologies, Renaissance Electronics & Communications, Vubiq Networks, E-Band Communications, Smiths Group PLC, Siklu Communication Ltd, Proxim Wireless, Wireless Excellence Ltd.