The need of communication related solutions during storms, cyclones, explosions, and accidents by the government and various public safety departments creates the need for application of mobile broadband in public safety. Video surveillance, global position system (GPS) tracking, and emergency medical telemetry are some of the prominent applications of mobile broadband in public safety. The security and privacy of the communication through the wireless broadband is prime concern for the application of mobile broadband in public safety.
Increase in awareness about safety, cost-effective benefit of mobile broadband, and availability of real time data primarily drive the market growth. However, lack of adequate funding, security breaches, and interception of the wireless signals limit the growth. Further, difficulty to analyze the data during emergencies poses considerable challenges for the market. Enhanced speed of next generation broadband services and improved disaster management practices create ample opportunities in the mobile broadband in public safety market.
The mobile broadband in public safety market is highly competitive due to constant entry of new vendors and rapid growth in technology. The market players compete on the basis of performance, product feature, quality, and technology. Product innovation and collaboration are crucial techniques adopted by key vendors in the market. NBN Co. Ltd. and Ericsson Inc. successfully demonstrated 1GB per second speed on TDD LTE on June 2017, which is a next gen LTE service. The collaboration is beneficial for NBN Co. Ltd. and Ericsson Inc. along with new product innovation in anticipation with faster technological development of wireless broadband services for public safety.
The market is segmented by type, end user, application, and region. Based on type, it is classified into fixed, mobile, and satellite broadband. Based on end use, it is categorized into police, fire, and emergency medical services department. Application segment is further divided into scene management, video surveillance, GPS location tracking, geographic information system (GIS), and emergency medical telemetry. Based on geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive analysis and profiles of the major market players profiled in the report include Ericsson Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Airbus Group, Inc., Nokia Networks, Inc., AT&T Inc., Motorola Solutions, Inc., Harris Corporation, and ZTE Corporation.
- This report is an extensive analysis of current and potential market trends.
- The report contains in depth quantitative analysis of current and future market estimations through 20162023, which helps recognize the growth opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market helps understand the current practices for better investment decisions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
Mobile Broadband In Public Safety Market Key Segments:
- Fixed Wireless Broadband
- Mobile Wireless Broadband
- Satellite Wireless Broadband
By End User
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Emergency medical services Department
- Scene Management
- Video Surveillance
- GPS Location Tracking
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Emergency Medical Telemetry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East