Mobile Encryption Market Insight
Mobile encryption is the process of encoding all user data on an android device using symmetric encryption keys. Once the device is encrypted, all user created data would automatically encrypt before committing it to the disk and automatically decrypt data before returning it to the calling process. Encryption process doesn’t allows an unauthorized party to read data.
If any organization deals with a lot of mobile devices that carry critical data, adoption of mobile encryption would be a better option, as it makes sure that data is handled securely. In addition, this also protects from liability when a device is lost or stolen.
Impact of COVID-19 on Mobile Encryption Market:
- The emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected almost all the industries across the world. Further, lockdown and restrictions have increased the usage of mobile technology quite higher than usual.
- However, the use of mobile devices as part of this effort has raised several important questions around privacy and security, and thus to overcome these, many organizations ensure to maintain an appropriate level of security through the use of encryption to avoid any data leaks and any data manipulation by non-trusted third parties.
- In addition, COVID-19 has highlighted the necessity of a robust internet infrastructure. Internet use has grown exponentially, with a dramatic rise in collection of data and a surge in cyber-attacks. With the growth in internet use, the significance of encryption in protecting data being shared online also is expected to grow. Therefore, the demand for stronger encryption standards is more relevant now.
- Encryption is the propeller of the growth of multiple fields and main component of the internet economy. Compromising on encryption standards would simultaneously compromise trust in the digital economy.
- In addition, governments are also taking initiatives to enhance the current system. For instance, the Department of Telecom allows internet service providers to use a mere 40-bit key length without prior authorization. However, higher key lengths require approval. Telecom service providers are also prohibited from employing bulk encryption.
- To create a strong encryption, which involves embedding guarantees, such as robust encryption and de-identification, would certainly need mobile encryption. Therefore, these are expected to provide lucrative opportunities during and post-pandemic.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in trend of bring your own device (BYOD), growth in penetration of Internet of Things (IoT), increase in adoption of cloud technology, and massive amount of data generation majorly drive the growth of this market. In addition, major shift toward digitalization due to COVID-19 pandemic is expected to generate the need for end-to-end security, which will fuel the growth of the market. However, high operation expenditure, lack of awareness, and shortage of skilled workforce restraint the growth of the market. Furthermore, growth in demand for cloud-based mobile encryption solutions, integration of advanced technologies in mobile encryption, and new product launches to enhance mobile security create lucrative opportunities for the market.
Growing need for increased data security:
Mobile encryption ensures that customer’s data stays private and secure by making the data unreadable by anyone else. Encrypted data cannot be retrieved, thus making it more demanding in the current situation. When the user deletes everything on the phone to resell it, the data can still be retrieved. Once data is encrypted, the only way to decrypt the data is to factory reset the phone. In addition, growth in digital payments, enhanced applications, and information exchange through mobile generate lots of the data, which need to be secured against cyber-threats. Therefore, with the usage of mobile encryption software, data can be protected from these thefts, which is driving the growth of the market.
Integration of blockchain with encrypted payments:
Digital payments have wieldy increased due to the increase in mobile usage as a payment mode. To improve the current payment technology, organizations are in the process of integration of blockchain with mobile payment. The primary feature of blockchain is its efficiency, which provides a standard for secure and encrypted transactions. However, integration can be done with the help of cryptocurrencies. The integration would reduce the money transfer period and eliminate third-party processing fees. In addition, the blockchain also helps to improve the current encryption by enabling smart contract system that can halt payments when agreed terms are violated. Thus, organizations are expected to witness the integration of block chain with mobile encryption to provide multiple opportunities for the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global mobile encryption market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global mobile encryption market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global mobile encryption market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Mobile Encryption Market Report Highlights
By Component Type
By Deployment Type
By Enterprise Size
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Zix Corp., IBM Corp., CSG Inc., MobileIron Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Intel Corp., Certes Network Inc., Oracle Corp., Becrypt Ltd., DataMotion Inc., Symantec Corp., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co.