Mobile LED Display Market Outlook – 2027
Mobile LED Display is a thin electronic display screen made of plastic, glass, or other flexible substrates and make screens foldable and lightweight. Such devices make screen of these devices resistant and durable to damage and increase the amount of content that can be displayed. These displays are largely used in the consumer electronics sector for building smartphones, smartwatches, tablets and other portable electronic devices as they provide improved power-efficiency along with brighter displays.
In addition, these devices are in high demand in the healthcare sector in display controller applications as they are of low cost, portable, small, compact, light, portable, and flexible being customarily subject to frequent alterations and adjustments. They provide better color, flicker-free images with longer lifespan, and less environmental impact. Ongoing technological advancements to produce diverse range of displays and integration of high-resolution glass-free 3D displays imply that the mobile LED display market share would undergo a substantial growth in the coming years.
The global mobile LED display market is segmented on the basis of color display, component, layout, industry vertical, and region. Based on color display, the mobile LED display market is categorized into monochrome, tricolor, and full color. In terms of component, the market is categorized into hardware, software, and service.
On the basis of layout, the market is bifurcated into standard and custom. In terms of industry vertical, the market is segmented into commercial, consumer electronics, industrial, transportation, BFSI, automotive, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in amount of content being viewed on portable small screen smartphone and tablets, owing to easy accessibility in multiple purposes and user-friendly nature is the major factor that propels the mobile LED display market growth. However, high cost of this technology and non-consistent contrast ration tend to hamper the mobile LED display market growth.
Rise in focus on R&D activities for product innovation to increase production capacities are expected to pave new avenues in the mobile LED display industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Leading mobile LED display market players adopt necessary steps to improve the overall performance, image quality, and ambient light ratio optimization of mobile LED display devices with a view to provide enhanced experience to consumers.
In July 2020, LG Electronics, a South Korean multinational electronics company, launched the Harmony 4, a phone with 6.10-inch LED display and resolution of 720*1560 pixels. LG Harmony comes with 3GB RAM and is powered by octa-core. It features 32GB internal storage and packs 13MP+5MP primary camera on the rear alongwith 8MP front camera. It runs on Android 10 and is powered by 3500mAh non-removable battery. Sensors on the phone include fingerprint sensor, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, and features connectivity options including Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and USB Type-C.
Surge in Use in Automotive and Industrial Applications
Manufacturers are focusing on producing new products for specific applications. Use of high-quality, high performance LED techniques for displays in automotive vehicles is expected to undergo significant revolution.
On January 2020, Sony launched its new Vision-S that comes with intuitively operated panoramic screens, 360 reality Audio in speaker with incorporated AI and cloud technologies. The panoramic screen stretches across the front dashboard. Consumers will get the same kind of visual experience that they get on their personal electronics. LED display within automotive with direct-lit backlight technology allows increased power savings. This cost-effective and scalable solution offers flexible light to the automotive industry, which promotes growth opportunities.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of the mobile LED display market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed mobile LED display market analysis.
- The current mobile LED display market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The emergence of coronavirus, a deadly respiratory disease originating in Wuhan, has become a serious health threat worldwide. China being the main manufacturing hub of electronic goods has been adversely affected, owing to the COVID-19 outbreak due to substantial slowdown in manufacturing operations. In February 2020, the electronic display industry was already facing shortage of components, which are mainly imported from China.
- The ongoing pandemic has also taken adverse toll on consumer demand for display integrated devices. In April 2020, Panasonic India reported that the consumer electronics industry would witness 50% loss in sales during April-June due to the lockdown. Annual demand has also dropped by an unprecedented 6 to 7%.
- Contrarily, rise in demand for mobile LED displays in the healthcare sector such as ventilators and respirators has helped to keep demand for electronic displays afloat in coming months. In December 2019, LG Electronics introduced 31.5 inch 8MP radiology monitor, which is larger, higher resolution surgical monitor. It uses LG Nanocell IPS Display technology to provide advanced performance and precisely accurate image quality. Rise in demand for enhanced monitors in the healthcare sector and emergency services is expected to boost the market in this crisis scenario.
- Contrarily, with schools, colleges, and offices closing down and online courses becoming more prevalent, interactive screens on displays are in demand. Display manufacturers are trying to make their products more attractive at low cost and also offering foldable, bezel-less displays.
- Mobile LED display is facing demand lapse in response to the unprecedented lockdown and halt in production operations has caused imbalance in already strained demand-supply chain. Currently, the demand is driven by the healthcare sector during use of ventilators, respirators and emergency services to display real-time content, broadcast valuable information regarding testing centers, and helpful tips on how to stay safe during this crisis. The market is anticipated to make fast rebound shortly after lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Questions Answered in the Mobile LED Display Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the mobile LED display market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the mobile LED display market size?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the mobile LED display market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Mobile LED Display Market Report Highlights
By Color Display
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Panasonic Corp., Giantplus, Hannster Display, Sharp, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Tianma Micro-electronics, LG Display Co. Ltd., Toshiba Corp., Japan Display, Truly International