The mobile power plant market is expected to grow because of expanding oil mining and construction work and industries such as solar power grids, and telecom. Mobile power plant is movable temporary source of electric power generation, which is set up on big vehicles such as truck. The main purpose of building Mobile Power Plant is to provide electricity at a place where important works are done such as construction of buildings, road and railway projects where there is no other source of energy. They need movable source of power generation because they keep shifting from one place to another after their work is being done. The demand for mobile power plant is increasing because of demand for onsite immediate power supply and sources majorly in the Middle East countries for oil drilling purpose.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The governments of various countries has implemented lockdown and issued rules and regulation. This has affected the global and local supply chain. The suppliers were not able to supply their materials because of restriction on movements at project sites. Because of norms implemented by the government several industries has been impacted such as construction, and oil& gas mining. They have to temporarily stop their ongoing projects because of manpower shortage. This affected the demand for electricity and decline in demand for mobile power plants.
Top Impacting Factors
Electricity plays a major role in the development of the country in developing and under developed countries. The portable power plants have several components such as power modelers and controllers, solar panels, inverters and others. When the capacity requirement increases the panels require more powerful equipment increasing the cost of mobile power plants. There is a huge demand for electricity because of ongoing construction and industrial activities.
There is a huge demand for electricity from remote areas where the government is not able to set up power plants and grids. It will be a good chance for them to invest into mobile power plants and set up into such areas until the proper arrangements are being done. It is acceptable and cost efficient and with the advancement in technology it can be modified according to usage. Because they are movable and quick to install is easy to vary them to the areas suffering from disaster use them as alternative power supply plants. Because of the increase in number of oil& gas wells, the market will be driven in the Middle East areas.
- The increasing electrification of remote areas have increased the requirement for mobile power plants to setup the power grids onsite power generation unit. Looking after the investment in done on the growth and improvement of natural gas type mobile power generator. This will be cost efficient and help in remote region electrification.
- For the electrification of remote areas with no access to roads the manufacturers have been focusing on the development of floating mobile power plants. Also in the cases of natural disaster they will be accessible to all the areas.
- Manufacturers are focusing on the production of Mobile power plants according to the usage in areas and for industrial use they are focusing on making of high power 11-20 MW and above diesel fuel based Mobile power plants where as for rural areas and short usage purpose making bio fuel mobile power plants within the power range of 1-10 MW, which can be deployed and used for emergency purpose.
- Middle East and African regions are the fastest growing markets because the global focus is on electrification of African countries where still billions of people do not have access to electricity. Regarding this several projects have been launched by the World Bank groups believing that lack of electricity hampers the development of the country.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Mobile Power Plant Market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Mobile Power Plant Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2028 to highlight the Mobile Power Plant Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Mobile Power Plant Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Mobile Power Plant Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
TURBINE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES CORPORATION, SOLAR TURBINE INCORPORATED, APR ENERGY, GENERAL ELECTRIC, MAPNA GROUP, METKA (MYTILENEOS SA). PW POWER SYSTEMS LLC, KAWASAKI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD, SIEMENS AG, AGGREKO PLC