Moisture Barrier Bags Market Outlook - 2027
Packaging is an important factor for any industry. Without proper packaging, the safety of the product inside the packaging cannot be ensured. The products must be protected from moisture to maintain the product quality. For this purpose, moisture barrier bags are widely used in different industries such as food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics. These bags are very effective in providing protection from corrosion caused by oxygen, moisture, and humidity. They are also known as alufoil bags or foil bags. These bags are generally heat sealed from the top to reduce vacuum.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for moisture barrier bags is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as electronics and food, owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the moisture barrier bags industry negatively as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and non-essential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- The requirement of e-commerce specific packaging is likely to remain strong; although, the e-commerce companies would have to focus on protection of goods and sanitization of packages.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products, such as groceries and fresh food, mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging have faced a sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during the first two quarters of 2020.
- Low disposable income of maximum population and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods led to the packaging industry to face significant pressure of reduction in both wholesale as well as retail costs.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant for consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services. This is expected to hinder the packaging industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Considering the vulnerability of products to corrosion caused by oxygen, humidity, and moisture, effective packaging of products is necessary. This helps to maintain the product quality and can be stored for a long time. Moisture barrier bag is an effective way to reduce the danger of corrosion of the product inside the packaging due to the moisture present in the atmosphere. These bags are generally made up of heavy-duty aluminum foil or rigid plastic. They come under the flexible packaging type as products of different sizes and shapes can be packed by using moisture barrier bags. These bags are of three types, static shield moisture barrier bags, kraft foil moisture barrier bags, and foil moisture barrier bags.
Moisture barrier bags are widely used in the food & beverages industry. As packaged food products are more commonly consumed in various countries across the globe, moisture barrier bags are used for the packaging of food products. The shelf life of these food products is comparatively less. Therefore, to increase the shelf life, maintain the quality, and prevent moisture contamination, moisture barrier bags are widely as packaged food products are more vulnerable to contamination.
Furthermore, static shielding moisture barrier bag is the most common type of moisture bag, which is widely used in industries. These types of bags are generally used in electronics and electrical industries.
Expensive electronic devices are prevented from static damage and contamination from dust & dirt by using static shielding moisture barrier bag. These bags can be reused as they contain a zipper, which is re closable. Static shielding moisture barrier bags are heat sealable, opaque, and flexible. These properties make the static shielding moisture barrier bags a perfect packaging solution for electronic devices.
Therefore, the use of moisture barrier bags is increasing in the electronics industry, which is expected to help the industry to grow during the forecast period. In addition, static-sensitive components can be kept away from any kind of damage with the help of these bags. Considering the reusability of the bags, many industries are expected to use these bags for packaging of their products. Moreover, hygiene of the product can also be maintained by using these bags.
Considering the reusability of the moisture barriers bags, many companies are using these bags for packaging their products. This is expected to reduce the cost of packaging, which is not possible for single use bags. In addition, these bags have an attractive visual appearance; hence, many companies are using these bags to attract customers Therefore, these factors drive the growth of the moisture barrier bags market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the moisture barrier bags market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the moisture barrier bags market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed moisture barrier bags market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Moisture Barrier Bags Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End-User Industry
Key Market Players
ProAmpac LLC, 3M, Billerudkorsnäs Ab, Ahlstrom-MunksjoOyj, Twin Rivers Paper Company LLC, Sonoco Products Company, Pacific Packaging (Far East) Pte Ltd, Mondi Plc., Nordic Paper Holdings AB, Protective Packaging Corporation Inc, SCG Packaging Public Company Limited, Amcor Plc, Flexopack SA