Moisturizer is a skin care product that is used to hydrate the skin and give it a healthy sheen. Creams and lotions are the two types of moisturizers available. Emollients, ceramides, occlusive, and humectants are ingredients in moisturizing creams and lotions that seal water in the skin's outer layer, allowing damaged cells to heal. Dryness, rough, scaly, and itchy skins are all treated or prevented using moisturizing creams and lotions. Moisturizers keep water in the stratum corneum, the skin's outermost layer. Moisturizers not only keep the skin from drying out, but they also protect it by forming a barrier that prevents oil from escaping and dangerous outside substances from causing dryness or irritation. There are many various types of moisturizers on the market for different skin types, such as dry, oily, and sensitive skin. Normal skin requires a light moisturizer containing natural oils, whereas dry skin necessitates thicker lotions containing humectants to lock in moisture. Oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers that do not clog pores are necessary for oily skin. Thus owing to all these properties moisturizing cream market is expected to grow in forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The covid-19 pandemic forced a quick lockdown in many regions of the world to prevent the virus from spreading, resulting in the rapid closure of factories, shops, and other businesses. The global market for non-essential products has suffered from a rapid reduction in demand and supply, as well as travel limitations.
- As a result of the worldwide lockdown, mascara cream firms were forced to shut down their production units due to a labor shortage. In addition, the pandemic forced the closure of a number of cosmetics stores.
- Although the usage of online platforms to purchase products may provide a short-term boost to the market. In these difficult circumstances, using these platforms is simple and convenient. As online shopping portals provide variety of options and provide excellent payment options to consumers.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in demand drives market expansion, thanks to rise in awareness and simple availability, as well as the potential to treat or alleviate a variety of minor skin-related ailments. Other factors that drive the global moisturizing cream market's growth include rise in skin concerns among consumers and rapid advances in the beauty & personal care industry.
- The worldwide moisturizing cream market is expected to rise due to rising concerns and increased spending in research and development (R&D) activities by major brands to develop more efficient personal care products.
- Younger people over the age of 15 are becoming more proactive in the area of facial skin care. Men's growing knowledge of the benefits of grooming has fueled the expansion of the moisturizer industry.
- The expansion of online platforms such as Amazon and Alibaba, as well as numerous social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram, has greatly aided the market for moisturizers. Users are influenced to buy such goods by an increasing number of beauty vloggers on YouTube who share product reviews and Instagram posts by celebrities.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Companies are now concentrating their efforts on inventing novel moisturizing solutions that can effectively improve people's skin conditions. Additionally, they are developing a number of technologies that will provide consumers with a virtual interface as well as make recommendations for the proper type of skincare products based on their skin type. Merle Norman Cosmetics, a Singapore-based beauty tech start-up, for example, debuted as an Al-powered skin diagnosis tool in March 2020 that allows users to get individualized skin recommendations after assessing their skin health using the product's selfie mode.
Sun protection cream, skin brightening cream, and anti-aging cream are the three types of face cream. Body lotions are divided into two categories: mass market body lotions and premium body lotions. In the next years, rising demand for skin brightening face creams is likely to drive market expansion. Furthermore, these creams minimize acne scars, freckles, age spots, and discoloration, increasing demand.
Key Players' Advertising and Promotional Expenditure is Growing
The total cosmetics market is driven by research and development (R&D) as well as advertising and promotions. These elements are being heavily invested in by key parties in order to influence consumer purchase decisions and improve product attractiveness in the retail landscape. In addition, the increasing number of internet users in developing nations has transformed the advertising spending approach of major companies. The big players are facing a "major shift," in which they are increasing their advertising and promotional spending in response to the world's digitalization.
For example, major firms such as L’Oréal are adjusting their approach to focus on providing demonstrative material for digital advertising for their customers, rather than emphasizing their products in traditional advertising channels such as magazines and newspapers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the moisturizing cream industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the moisturizing cream market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the moisturizing cream market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed moisturizing cream market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Moisturizing Cream Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the moisturizing cream market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "moisturizing cream" market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "moisturizing cream" market?
Moisturizing Cream Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Price Range
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Coty, Inc, Kao Corporation, ELCA Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, New Avon Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Beiersdorf AG, L’Oréal Group, Shiseido Co., Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Amorepacific Corporation