Molding Compounds are used for larger parts where higher mechanical strength is needed. Superior mechanical properties, surface appearance, excellent electrical insulation make molding compounds ideal for automotive body panels, high-strength electrical parts, business equipment cabinets, personal watercraft, and various other structural components.
The major forces driving the molding compounds market are replacement of traditional materials with molding compound based products. These products offer superior properties including corrosion resistance, heat resistance, and dimensional stability. Lightweight and increase in fuel efficiency have always been the most important drivers for using molding compounds in the automotive industry. The benefits of reducing the weight of a passenger car or a heavy duty vehicle include lower fuel consumption and operating costs, resulting in fewer emissions as well.
The report segments the molding compounds market on the basis of resin type, application, and geography. On the basis of resin type, the market is segmented into phenolic, epoxy, polyester and others. According to the application, the market is classified into the electrical, automotive, aerospace and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This market is majorly dominated by the electrical application. They are widely used in automotive and aerospace applications, as they are flexible and can be molded into complex shapes and sizes. The increase in the demand for corrosion a heat resistant products, improved electrification and need for safety at home and commercial building, encourages use of reliable components such as molding compounds in electricals that are heat resistant and thermally stable and availability of new innovative products are the factors driving the molding compounds market.
The major players in the molding compounds market include Hexion Inc. (U.S), Hitachi Chemical Company (Japan), BASF SE (Germany), Huntsman International LLC (U.S.), Eastman Chemical Company (U.S), Kyocera Chemical Corporation (Japan).
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the world molding compound market.
- Geographically, the world molding compound market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the world molding compound market by type helps in understanding the types of molding compound that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework, which also helps in understanding competitive outlook of world molding compound market.
MOLDING COMPOUNDS MARKET SEGMENTS:
Market by Resin Type
Market by Application
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA