Molecular Method Market Outlook:
The global molecular method market is experiencing a major growth, and will grow considerably in next few years. Molecular methods involve the use of molecular biology such as biochemistry, genetics, and biophysics which generally includes manipulation and analysis of DNA, RNA, protein, and lipid. It is the process of identifying and diagnosing various disease by studying molecules, such as proteins, DNA, and RNA, in a tissue or fluid In addition, molecular methods contains of techniques such as PCR, immunoassays, ELIZA, blotting, and others. Out of these techniques PCR is one of the most powerful molecular diagnostic methods used in clinical laboratories for gene amplification. PCR primers are designed to hybridize to specific RNA, DNA or cDNA sequences within a gene.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The market demand for COVID-19 vaccine has increasing, due to increase in the everyday cases across the globe. Thus leading to increase in the demand of rapid diagnostic testing. For instance, according to many research it is found that real time PCR (RT-PCR) is most inexpensive and effective method for the diagnosis of COVID-19 testings. Moreover, Molecular techniques are more suitable than syndromic testing and nucleic acid testing is the primary method of diagnosing COVID-19.
- The rise in the prevalence of the coronavirus has resulted in increase of patients in the hospitals and clinical settings. Therefore this has resulted in increase in the diagnostic tests for the detection of covid-19 patients. For instance, in 2020, Abbott launched a molecular point-of-care test to detect novel coronavirus in as little as five minutes. Therefore, these will significantly uplift the growth of molecular methods market during this pandemic.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Increase in the incidences of chronic and infectious diseases and growing use of molecular methods in clinical diagnostic technique. In addition, increase in the R&D investments is major factor driving the growth of the market. However, high cost of specialized products and dearth of skilled researchers in developing countries hampers the growth of the molecular method market. Moreover, launch of new products and increase in applications of molecular methods is expected to provide lucrative opportunity for the growth of the market during forecast period.
The global molecular method market trends are as follows:
New product launches and collaborations to flourish the market
The launches due to rise in demand of diagnostics and constant innovations has tremendously driven the molecular method market growth. For instance, in February 2020, Neogen Corporation acquired Abtek biological Limited to increase its product portfolio of molecular methods. In addition, in 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific and NanoPin Technologies Inc. collaborated for advanced blood based infectious disease detection through the development of high sensitive liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS) based workflow.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global molecular method industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global molecular methods market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global molecular method market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global molecular method market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Molecular method market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the molecular method market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Molecular Method Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Eurofins Scientific, HiMedia Laboratories, bioMérieux SA, NEOGEN CORPORATION, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc, SGS SA,, Veredus Laboratories, 3M Corporation, QIAGEN, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc