Molluscs is one of the key product of the aquaculture market. They are being cultivated under the controlled environment to increase the production for commercial purpose. Molluscs as a food product is lot into demand within the seafood segment owing to the nutritional benefits it offers. They are considered to be rich source of minerals, proteins and healthy fats. Due to increase popularity of molluscs, it is expected that the associated market will grow substantially well in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The lockdown within the countries and closure of activities within them due to COVID-19 led to the decline in the practices related to aquaculture. This not only affected the scale of the cultivation of molluscs but also the growth of the whole market.
- The shops and retail stores were shut due to lockdown observed worldwide. This also affected the trade of the seafood products which in turn hampered the sales of molluscs in various countries around the world.
- The sale of the food additives is expected to grow after worldwide release of the lockdown situation due to COVID-19.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Due to rise in consumption and demand of nutritional rich seafood segment and gaining popularity of aqua farming practices the growth of the molluscs market.
Change in the taste and preferences of the people, rise in health concerns, change in lifestyle, and increase in the number of restaurants worldwide contribute toward the growth of the market of molluscs.
However, change in the climatic conditions like temperature, acidity of water of oceans, and oxygen level could affect their cultivation directly or indirectly and eventually can hamper the growth of the market.
The global molluscs market trends are as follows:
Adoption of Polyculture
Polyculture as a practice is getting a lot popular among the major players as it involves the integration between the organisms from varied trophic levels for instance, fish with molluscs which is a lower trophic level organism. Players are opting for the practice as it offers more profitability.
The countries which had high consumption rate of molluscs in past years were Portugal, Spain, and Italy owing to the preferences of taste and high nutritional need of the population within the region. The region of Asia Pacific is also expected to come out as an emerging market for the molluscs owing to the presence of appropriate climatic conditions and availability of labor at cheaper rates.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global molluscs industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global molluscs market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global molluscs market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global molluscs market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Molluscs Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the molluscs market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Molluscs Market Report Highlights
By Cultivation Culture
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Nireus Aquaculture S.A., Zeal Aqua, Selonda Aquaculture S.A., Tassal Group Ltd., The Waterbase Limited, Cermaq ASA, Carter & Sons Ltd, NSF Certification UK Ltd., Blue Ridge Aquaculture, Cooke Aquaculture Inc.