Monofilament Suture Market Statistics 2028 -
A suture is a stitch made to join exposed parts of a wound. Monofilament suture is made of single strand. Because of the single-stranded design, this type of sutures is relatively more resistant to harboring pathogens. Monofilament suture further exhibits less resistance when passed through the tissue when compared to multifilament sutures. However, the healthcare provider must take great care in tying and handling monofilament sutures. This is attributed to the fact that crimping or crushing the suture can weaken or nick it. If that happens, it can lead to premature and undesirable suture failure,
Impact of COVID-19 on Medical Device Market
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Increase has been witnessed in the demand for medical supplies to take care of the infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. Furthermore, the need for medical supplies has increased among both from healthcare professionals and the civil population for precautionary measures, owing to rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure an adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the monofilament suture market.
Top Impacting Factors
The suture market is flourishing due to increase in the number of surgical procedures being performed all over the glove. The launch of advanced sutures such as monofilament sutures and favorable reimbursement scenarios for different surgical procedures further influence the monofilament suture market growth.
Adults aged 65 and above are facing a higher risk of chronic conditions and diseases. Rapid growth in this population and rise in incidence of fatal diseases are expected to influence the microfilament suture market positively.
In recent years, the number of aesthetic and cosmetic procedures has increased due to rise in disposable income, enhanced procedural safety, and the availability of advanced technologies. The popularity of these procedures will further lead to the growth of the monofilament suture market.
The normalization of the global economy after the pandemic will slowly increase surgical procedures that were kept on hold, which, in turn, will lead to market growth. However, increase in preference for minimally invasive surgeries and alternative wound care management products are some of the factors that can influence the microfilament suture market negatively.
Key Market Trends
The monofilament suture market is considerably fragmented. Key companies such as Johnson & Johnson Medical are continuing to drive innovation and adopt digital transformations. The global microfilament suture market is hence dominated by market players with niche offerings.
The shift in demand for surgical devices due to the pandemic has forced key players to focus on product development, strategize their manufacturing abilities, and provide optimum supply chain facilities across and within countries.
Players in the microfilament suture market are further altering their strategies for both short-term and long-term growth by tapping the critical care devices market and by developing innovative products during the pandemic.
Nations such as Canada, Mexico, and South America could enable fibrin sealant and adhesive companies to take advantage of potential shorter supply chains and still-open trade routes.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the monofilament suture industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the monofilament suture market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the monofilament suture market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed monofilament suture market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Global Monofilament Suture Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the monofilament suture market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during ?
- What are the adoption trends for monofilament suture in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is monofilament suture?
- What is the monofilament suture market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Monofilament Suture Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
AD Surgical, DemeTech, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Medical, Medtronic, Inc, Assut Medical Sarl, Lotus Surgicals, Unik Surgical Sutures MFG, B.Braun, Samyang Biopharmaceuticals, Peters Surgica, Kono Seisakusho, Teleflex, Inc., Surgical Specialties Corporation, Internacional FarmacÃ©utica