Montelukast sodium is a leukotriene inhibitory agent that is used for many indications that includes asthma, exercise induced bronchospasm, allergic rhinitis, primary dysmenorrhea and urticaria. It is generally used as a complementary therapy in adults along with inhaled corticosteroids, if the effect produced by corticoids are not optimum. Key factors driving the growth of this market are the rise in respiratory diseases coupled with the growing geriatric population. However, side effects related to montelukast sodium such as stomach pain, heartburn, upset stomach, nausea, and diarrhea will surely impede the market growth. Moreover, the increasing R&D investments to develop novel drugs and the advancements in technology will create lucrative opportunities for key market players.
The montelukast sodium market is segmented based on product type, dosage form and region. Based on product type this market is segmented into montelukast sodium amorphous and montelukast sodium crystalline. Further, based on dosage form this market is segmented into tablets, chewable tablets and oral solutions. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the market included in the report are Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Morepen Laboratories, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Mylan N.V., Roxane Laboratories, Inc., Glenmark Generics Ltd, Sandoz International GmbH, Vintage Pharmaceuticals Inc., Kudco Ireland Ltd., and Apotex Corp.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global montelukast sodium market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type elucidates the various forms of available montelukast sodium types.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Montelukast Sodium Market Key Segmentation:
By Product Type
- Montelukast Sodium Amorphous
- Montelukast Sodium Crystalline
By Dosage Form
- Chewable Tablets
- Oral Solutions
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA