Moonstone is a sodium potassium aluminum silicate, and its name is derived from a visual effect caused by light diffraction within a micro-structure consisting of a regular succession of feldspar layers. Moonstone is a feldspar mineral widespread in the earths crust. It is highly translucent to semi-transparent stone that reflects light in a distinctive shimmering phenomenon known as adularescence. This shine is due to a combination of orthoclase and albite arranged in layers. The light reflected from these layers, if not too thick, is responsible for the unusual optical properties. Since ancient times, moonstone is used in jewelry, and in industrial abrasive and polish base applications. Sri Lanka and India are the major providers of moonstone along with the U.S., Brazil, and Australia.
It exhibits soft, watery opaqueness, and a silvery-white reflection that moves as a line across the surface as light varies. It is said to calm responses, reduce stress, and avoid overreaction. The major factor driving the global moonstone market is its extensive demand in jewelry, considering its traditional benefits. However, relatively low hardness making it prone to stress cracking and cleaving hampers the market growth. Further, increase in astrological benefits of moonstone is expected to deliver substantial growth opportunity to the global market in near future.
The global moonstone market is segmented based on product, application, and geography. Based on product, it is bifurcated into transparent and translucent. On the basis of application, it is categorized into jewelry, optical component, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Asia Mineral Processing Co. Ltd., GP Minerals, Micronized Group, Purin Mineral Group Company, Incusa Industrias Del Cuarzo, Hunan Jinxuan Hailing Trading Co., Ltd., Zucchelli Preziosi, ABK STYL, Abrar Enterprises, and Frediani Pieres Precieuses, are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global moonstone market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Moonstone Market Key Segments:
- Optical Component
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA