Motion Preservation Devices Market
Global motion preservation devices market accounted for $920 million in 2015, and is estimated to reach $1,902 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 10.9% during the forecast period. Motion preservation devices, also known as non-fusion devices, are used for the treatment of various spine conditions without fusion, thus allowing the patient to retain movement and flexibility. The growth of the market is driven by increase in geriatric population and rise in incidence of spinal disorders. In addition, motion preservation surgery helps to restore the motion of the spine, which have led to increased adoption of these surgical procedures. However, unfavorable reimbursement scenario and stringent regulatory approval procedure are expected to impede the market growth.
Spinal disorders such as spinal stenosis is the most common problem in men and women over 50 years. Aging results in structural changes in the spine such as thickening of the band of the tissue that supports the spine and enlargement of bones & joints, thus leading to spinal impairment. According to “Eurostat”, the population of the European Union (EU) was estimated to be 508.5 million on January 1, 2015. Aged population (65 or over) had a share of 18.9%, which showed an increase of 0.4% compared to the previous year. Thus, rise in aged population is projected to increase the demand of these devices.
South Africa Motion Preservation Devices Market ($Million), 2014-2022
Asia-Pacific possesses high market potential for motion preservation devices, owing to the rise in incidence of spinal disorders and increase in healthcare expenditure. Moreover, rapidly aging population, low cost of the spinal procedures in countries such as India as compared to that of developed countries such as the U.S. have fueled the demand for these devices. For instance, spinal motion preservation surgery such as disc replacement surgery and cervical disc replacement are performed at over 2,000 hospitals in India at an affordable cost of $11,000 and $10,000, respectively, thus driving the demand for these devices.
The key companies that operate in the market include Aurora Spine Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Depuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson), Globus Medical, Inc., HPI Implants, Paradigm Spine, RTI Surgical, Inc., Raymedica, Inc., Spinal Kinetics, Inc., Ulrich GmbH & Co. KG, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
Key benefits of Motion Preservation Devices Market:
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global motion preservation devices market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022 is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides actual historical figures for 2014 and Y-o-Y forecasts from 2016 to 2022, considering 2015 as base.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Motion Preservation Devices Market Key Segments:
- Dynamic Stabilization Devices
- Interspinous Process Spacers
- Pedicle Screw-Based Systems
- Facet Replacement Products
- Artificial Discs Replacement Devices
- Artificial Cervical Discs
- Artificial Lumbar Discs
- Annulus Repair Devices
- Nuclear Disc Prostheses Devices
- Open Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA