Motor soft starter is used to minimize the inrush current formed during motor start up thereby enhancing efficiency and prolonging the shelf life of motors. Soft starters have widespread applications across different industries such as oil & gas, mining, and power generation industries. The soft starter helps in controlling motor acceleration thus preventing the damage of the motor in the entire process. This equipment can be installed with pumps, compressors, fans, among other devices to control the flow of current to desired level.
Increasing adoption of motor soft starter in industrial pumps along with growing demand of HVAC control system coupled with cost effectiveness & minimal space requirements are key factors that is responsible for the growth of the market across the globe.
Preference of VFD over motor soft starter due to functional superiority and cost-effectiveness are the factors that hinder the growth of the market. Increasing application of the motors across industries coupled with different fixed speed applications are the factors that is expected to offer abundant growth opportunities to the market. Growing concerns regarding renewable energy is a key market challenge faced by stakeholders and key market players.
The report segments the market on the basis of voltage, application, industry and region. On the basis of voltage the market is segmented into low voltage (up to 0.69 kV) and medium voltage (0.69-5 kV). On the basis of rated power, the market is segmented into up to 100 kW and above 100 kW. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into pumps, fans, compressors and others. On the basis of industry, the market is segmented into oil & gas, water & wastewater, power generation, mining and others
On the basis of Region, the market is segmented into North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Europe.
Key market players operating in this market are ABB Ltd., Siemens AG, Eaton Corporation PLC, Schneider Electric SE, General Electric Company, Emerson Electric Co., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Littelfuse Inc., WEG SA, and Crompton Greaves Limited.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of this market across the globe.
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and market trends.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Recent developments in government policies on various segments is highlighted along with offering insight into the regulatory framework impacting the market.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers the competitive landscape scenario in terms of the strategies adopted by key industry players to consolidate their market positions.
MOTOR SOFT STARTER KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
Motor Soft Starter Market By Voltage
- Low Voltage Motor Soft Starter Market
- Medium Voltage Motor Soft Starter Market
Motor Soft Starter Market By Rated Power (KW)
- Motor Soft Starter With Rated Power Up to 100 KW
- Motor Soft Starter With Rated Power Above 100 KW
Motor Soft Starter Market By Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater
- Power Generation
- Other Industries
Motor Soft Starter Market By Application
Motor Soft Starter Market By Region
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Key Company Profiles
- ABB Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- Schneider Electric SE
- General Electric Company
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Littelfuse Inc.
- WEG SA
- Crompton Greaves Limited