MRO Software Market Outlook - 2027
The global maintenance, repair, & operation (MRO) software market is experiencing a significant growth, and will grow considerably in the next few years. MRO software is a tool to oversee the maintenance, repair, and operation for a business. This software is also used to make purchases, oversee parts inventory, track the maintenance operations, and oversee MRO workforce. It provides features such as order management, inventory control, shipping, and scheduling for all maintenance activities. In addition, MRO software has workforce maintenance capabilities, from training and onboarding staff to tracking of hours worked. Repair history as well as status of ongoing repairs can also be tracked using MRO software. Among all industry verticals such as aviation industry, MROs share common functionalities such as line, base, & component maintenance.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Companies are facing short-term operational issues due to supply chain constraints and lack of site access due to COVID-19 outbreak.
The MRO software market is a utility-owned segment, which is driven by financial incentives and regulatory support from governments globally; hence, it is being primarily affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be highly affected by the spread of COVID-19 due to the fact that China is the epic center of this lethal disease.
Closing of business operations has disrupted the demand side of the market dynamics of aviation and manufacturing segment; thereby, delaying ongoing projects.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Digitalization in the aviation industry, increase in demand for reduction in turnaround time of maintenance operations, and rise in adoption of software as a service are the factors that drive the global MRO software market. However, limited budget restrains adoption of integrated MRO software suite, lack of common data standards in different IT systems, and stringent aviation regulations hinder the market growth. On the contrary, increase in adoption of IoT, AI, AR, and big data analytics are anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunity for the market.
The global MRO software market trends are as follows:
Rise in adoption of software as a service
Users of MRO software widely adopt the subscription model due to its advantages such as low cost and flexibility of use. The upfront cost of subscription-based software is typically lower than that of ownership model. In addition, subscriptions are generally renewed monthly or annually, which encourages the software provider to demonstrate the ongoing value of the software and build a relationship with the customers. Therefore, subscription model is expected to be one of the major driving factors for the MRO software.
Digitalization in the aviation industry
The aviation industry uses MRO software mainly to enhance the functional efficiency for various aviation MRO activities such as maintenance, upgrade, retrofitting of various aircraft components, systems & engines. According to Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook, more than 266,000 new maintenance technicians will be required in Asia-Pacific region by 2038. This will lead to rise in demand for maintenance technicians, which, in turn, is expected to boost the growth of the MRO software market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global MRO software industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global MRO software market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global MRO software market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global MRO software market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the MRO software market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the MRO software market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
MRO Software Market Report Highlights
By Pricing Model
By End User
By Deployment Type
Key Market Players
GE Aviation., Rusada, Flatirons Solution Inc., International Business Machines Corporation, HCL Technologies Limited, Lufthansa Technik AG, Swiss Aviation Software, FLY Online Tools, IFS AB, Boeing, Oracle Corporation