Multi-head filling machines are used to fill various types of products into bags, pouches, bottles or other containers of various dimensions. Multi-head filling machines can be used for filling of powdered, granular and even liquid based products. Use of multi-head filling machines leads to enhanced throughput in the packaging line. Multi-head filling machines aid in easing out the process of filling especially for liquid based products including sauces, honey, shampoo and more. These machines consist of syringes connected to nozzles. The type and size of the nozzle depends on the liquid to be filled. Packaging manufacturers can customize the number of filling heads in the machine to match their filling needs. Multi-head filling machines are used to fill different types of containers such as plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars, paperboard boxes, cartons, paper or plastic bags, and metal cans. The global multi-head filling machines market is expected to expand at a rapid pace owing to the increase in demand for multi-head filling machines in different industries such as food & beverages, chemical and pharmaceuticals.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global multi-head filling machine industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of global multi-head filling machine market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
Automated filling machines ease up the process in the assembly line and increases the efficiency of the whole packaging process. This is expected to boost the demand for automated filling machines in packaging industries during the forecast period. Growing importance of hygiene and safe packaging are major factors driving the efforts of manufacturers toward automated filling machines. Increasing consumer inclination toward pre-packed meals and snacks propel the demand for automated filling machines in the food and beverages industry, which is anticipated to fuel the global market in the upcoming years. Availability of semi-automated filling machines with similar functionality at a lower price as compared to automated filling machines is a major restraining factor expected to hinder the global automated filling machines market in the next few years. Furthermore, automated filling machines are an automatic device and only skilled labor are able to use or operate them. This increases the labor cost, which in turn is expected to adversely impact the demand for automated filling machines. Opportunity for growth of the multi-head filling machine market comes from the increased demand of FMCG and pharmaceutical products generated by online e-commerce platforms.
The global multi-head filling machine market trends are as follows:
Surge in popularity of automation:
Automation is increasingly being adopted to improve efficiency, cost, productivity and reduce the labor employed. Multi-head filling machines can be used to fill various different types of products into various different types of containers which are otherwise difficult to do manually. Large batches of products can be packaged into various containers of different sizes and dimensions within optimal cycle times. The time saved on these difficult tasks can be used productively as the labor required for the same operation in case of semi-automated filling machines can be repurposed and the overall efficiency and productivity of the packaging operations can increase. The easy availability of different types and sizes of nozzles used to fill liquids into containers depending on the liquid to be filled is a major factor that boosts the global multi-head filling machines market growth. Automation of the packaging operations through multi-head filling machine helps in labor savings, improves safety of operations and provides batch control in case of various in demand products.
Growth of e-commerce platforms
Emergence of e-commerce portals which offer added advantages such as convenience, discounts, and free delivery services is expected to increase the consumption of consumer products, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, subsequently driving the demand for multi-head filling machines. Today, the marketplace is flooded with several e-commerce options for shoppers to choose from. Ordering from e-commerce platforms are growing due to ease and comfort of buying from the internet as opposed to going to brick and mortar stores that require time and energy. In addition to this the growing internet penetration, varied array of choices available to consumers from competitor platforms and rising disposable income of the average consumer are helping in the growth of the global multi-head filling machine market. As more and more people use e-commerce to fulfill their shopping needs, the FMCG industry, pharmaceutical industry and other industries are facing a growing need to optimize and automate their operations to reduce time and labor costs. This is expected to help the global multi-head filling machine market grow.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global multi-head filling machine industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global multi-head filling machine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global multi-head filling machine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global multi-head filling machine market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Multi-Head Filling Machines Market Report Highlights
By Packaging capacity
By Industry vertical
Key Market Players
Koldpack Machineries Pvt. Ltd., Bosch Packaging Technology, JBT Corporation, Filling Equipment Co Inc., Krones Group AG, Tetra Laval, Scholle Packaging, Accutek Packaging Equipment Companies, Inc., Coesia Group S.p.A. and KHS GmbH