Multi-head Weighing Machines Market Outlook - 2027
Multi-head weighing machines are the computer-controlled machines that are used to fill multiple packages simultaneously. These machines are reliable, accurate, and fast and they are used for food and non-food packaging. These machines are classified into two types based on the type of motion: linear multi-head weighing machines and rotary multi-head weighing machines. These machines are widely used in the food processing industries for packaging products such as pasta, snacks, candies, cereals, beef, vegetables, and more due to their compact design and versatility. They are also used for the packaging of non-food products like screws, clips, nails, and more. These machines are widely adopted in industries such as food & beverages, cosmetics, chemical, pharmaceutical, and others.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the multi-head weighing machines industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of multi-head weighing machines market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Drivers, restraints, and opportunities
Changing lifestyles due to busy schedules is resulting in increasing dependence on processed food and on-the-go foods and beverages which is a major factor that is expected to potentially drive the multi-head weighing machines market in the coming years. Technological advancements like advanced processing methods and innovative equipment will support the growth of the market. Additionally, rapid globalization has led to a rise in global trade for processed food which will fuel the growth of the multi-head weighing machines market. However, high installation and maintenance costs associated with machines are hampering the market growth. Incentives and funding by governments of emerging countries like China and others for the food processing industry can create plenty of growth opportunities for the multi-head weighing machines market.
Trends in the multi-head weighing machines market
New product launches by key market players
Manufacturers in the multi-head weighing machines market are constantly upgrading their products and coming up with advanced features to differentiate their products from others and sustain the heavy competition market. To cite an instance, YAMATO SCALE GmbH, a Japanese packaging company launched its new automatic multi-head weighing machine named Epsilon in 2017. This product is a cost-effective packaging and weighing solution for loose products. Also, it has a hygienic and safe structure that makes it ideal for harsh environments and has a load-bearing capacity of 150kg. Such new advanced products introduced by key players can create a significant positive impact on the growth of the multi-head weighing machines market in the upcoming years.
A surge in demand for packaged food
The demand for packaged food is growing at a fast pace globally. For instance, Walmart was the global leader for packaged food sales with a record sale forecast of $572.5 billion in place for 2019. Packaged food sales worldwide have been raising constantly every year. The annual packaged food sales in 2018 were $2,578 billion and have increased to $2,644 billion in 2019. The reasons being consumers changing lifestyles due to hectic schedules and the increasing number of consumers who do not prefer spending much time cooking. These factors are expected to increase the demand for processed food which can consequently result in the rising demand and positive growth of the multi-head weighing machines market during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study represents the analytical representation of the global multi-head weighing machines market combined with the ongoing trends and future predictions to determine investment opportunities.
- The present market is thoroughly analyzed to enlighten the multi-head weighing machines market growth.
- The report gives information regarding the important drivers, restraints, and opportunities provided with an in-depth analysis of the global multi-head weighing machines market.
- Segmentation details of the global multi-head weighing machines market.
- The report gives a comprehensive global multi-head weighing machines market analysis based on competitiveness and how the performance of the competitors will take shape in the coming years.
Multi-head Weighing Machines Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
IMA Group, Aja Ltd., Comek S.r.l., ISHIDA CO., LTD., Dm Packaging Group S.r.l., Marel Food Systems, ExaktaPack España S.L., YAMATO SCALE GmbH, Ohlson Packaging, Inc., Laurijsen Weegautomaten Dongen B.V.