Muscarinic acetylcholine receptors are a subtype of acetylcholine receptors. In the cell membranes of certain neurons and other cells, these cells form G protein-receptor complexes. These receptors are activated in the presence of acetylcholine that are released from postganglionic fibers in the parasympathetic nervous system. Acetylcholine acts as neurotransmitters in the peripheral nervous system and central nervous system. Acetylcholine activates muscles in the peripheral nervous system and causes excitatory actions in the central nervous system.
Muscarinic acetylcholine receptors play a vital role in the treatment of diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Alzheimer, and psychiatric disorders. The rise in the incidence of these diseases will increase the demand for muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. Moreover, the increased R&D activity for the therapeutic contribution of these receptors will help boost the market growth. However, stringent government regulations can restrain the growth.
The global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is segmented into M1, M4, M5, and others. Based on application, the market is categorized into chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Alzheimers disease, memory impairment, and psychiatric disorders. Based on geography, the market has been examined across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Heptares Therapeutics Ltd., Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co. Ltd., Anavex Life Sciences Corp., NeuroHealing Pharmaceuticals Inc., AstraZeneca Plc., and Karuna Pharmaceuticals Inc. have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017-2023, which assists in identifying prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors ) helps understand the competitive scenario globally
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps understand the behavior of the market
Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Market Key Segments:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Alzheimers Disease
- Memory Impairment
- Psychiatric Disorders
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA