Myoglobin is a small-sized globular protein found in skeletal and cardiac muscles of mammals. It was the first protein to be detailed as 3D structure via X-ray crystallography. The major function of this protein is to store and provide oxygen to intensely working muscles, when blood oxygen delivery temporarily becomes insufficient. It is present in large amount in muscles of diving mammals such as whales & seals, and thus help them to remain submerged for longer periods. Myoglobin and hemoglobin, oxygen binding blood cells protein, have similar chemical structure due to presence of a molecule heme, which is the key molecule responsible for facilitating the binding of oxygen with hemoglobin and myoglobin.
The growth of the global myoglobin market is driven by increase in demand for myoglobin in laboratories, owing to its potential clinical use as a marker of upcoming heart attack. Its wide-scale use in meat packing process further fuels the market growth. However, limited awareness about this product hampers the market growth.
The report segments the myoglobin market on the basis of product, application, and geography. Based on product, the market is divided into human myoglobin and animal myoglobin. By application, it is classified into hospitals, research institutes, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics of the global myoglobin market.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Detailed analysis of the industry based on the product and application help understand its trending variety along with potential application during the analysis period.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplierbuyer network.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring of top players within the market framework.
Myoglobin Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Biomerieux, Abbott Diagnostics, Singulex, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Roche Diagnostics Corp, Beckman Coulter, Randox Laboratories, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Boditech Med, Alere