Naltrexone HCL, an opioid antagonist, is a synthetic congener of oxymorphone with no opioid agonist properties. It markedly reduces or completely blocks, reversibly, the subjective effects of intravenously administered opioids. This drug is generally administered orally to treat alcohol dependence. The growing cases of alcohol dependence with increasing consumption of alcohol worldwide create a need for Naltrexone HCL.
The market is mainly driven by increasing alcohol dependency worldwide. According to the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), 7% of the population was reported that they were engaged in heavy alcohol use. Such high prevalence of alcohol dependency is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. However, the side effects of the drug such as nausea and others may restrict the growth of the naltrexone HCL market.
The report segments the market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type the market is segmented into medical grade and others. By application the market is categorized into opioid independence, alcohol independence, and other. A geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments have been covered for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Ascent Scientific Ltd., Adooq Bioscience LLC, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, and others have been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global naltrexone HCL market.
- In-depth analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This study that evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations for 2017 to 2023, which help identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global naltrexone HCL market has been provided.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global naltrexone HCL market by type helps understand the use of the drug to treat alcohol dependency.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments is provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
- Key market players have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market
Naltrexone HCLMarket Key Segments:
- Medical Grade
- Opioid Independence
- Alcohol Independence
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA