Nano RAM or NRAM is a type of nonvolatile random-access memory based on the mechanical positioning of carbon nanotube placed on a substrate similar to chip. This technology worked on a well-known effect that in a non-woven fabric matrix of carbon nanotubes (CNTs), crossed nanotubes can either be close or slightly separated from each other. Each NRAM cell consists of an interlinked network of CNTs located between two electrodes. The CNT fabric is located between two metal electrodes, which is defined and imprinted by photolithography and forms the NRAM cell. Nano RAM or NRAM is a computer memory technology designed by the company Nantero.
NRAM has non-volatile property similar to flash, and essentially zero power consumption in standby mode. Moreover, it is also faster and denser than DRAM, consumes 160 times lower write energy per bit than flash, and highly resistant to environmental forces (heat even up to 300 degrees C, cold, magnetism, radiation, and vibration). NRAM is compatible with existing CMOS fabs without the need for new tools or processes, and it is scalable even to below 5nm. NRAM has the potential for mass customization, which means that a chip can be customized for many tasks. These factors majorly drive the market growth. However, continuous innovation, rise in desire of using new, faster, and compatible devices is something that hinders the market growth of the technology but not in the near future.
The global nano RAM market is segmented into end-user, and geography. By end-user, it is categorized into consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace and defense, telecommunication, and others. Based on geography, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The key players in the market include Canon Anelva, Fujitsu semiconductor Ltd., Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Development LP, IBM Corporation, Intel Corporation, Micron Technology, Inc., Nantero Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SK Hynix, Inc., and Toshiba Corp.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global Nano RAM market.
- Market definition along with key points for growth and the probable factors causing the restraints are discussed and described.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Geographically, the market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market elucidates the technologies used currently along with the variants that are projected to gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence help understand the scenario across the geographies as well as among the players.
Nano RAM Market Key Segmentation
- Consumer electronics
- Aerospace and defense
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Canon Anelva
- Fujitsu Semiconductor Ltd.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Development LP.
- IBM Corporation.
- Intel Corporation.
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- Nantero Inc.,
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Toshiba Corp.