Pigments are black, white, or colored, organic, or inorganic insoluble solids, which are unaffected physically or chemically by the substrate in which they are incorporated. Incorporation is done by dispersing them on the substrate. It alters the color of the reflected or transmitted light by selective absorption, and impart color to the medium in which they are dispersed. Majority of colors used in cosmetics are pigments.
They are used in cosmetics such as hair coloring, lipsticks, nail polish, shampoos, soaps, and others. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are non-toxic white pigments, which are commonly used in cosmetics due to their high hiding power. Iron oxides are used in blush powders, face powders, and foundations, and are available in red, yellow, and black shades.
Preference for colored materials among consumers has increased the adoption of nano cosmetic pigments. It increases the perceived value of product at point of sales when used in the different cosmetic products. The cosmetic industry is well known for personalization and customization with vast choices of makeup cosmetics to enhance appearance of the skin and hair, embracing the individuality of the customers.
Thus, high demand for individuality and personalization of products is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period. The cosmetic product designers are on a constant lookout for ways to make their product unique. Pigments offer an opportunity to the cosmetic manufacturers for innovative and commercially attractive solutions. Moreover, advancements in nanotechnology are anticipated to develop innovative pigments which is anticipated to have a positive impact on the market growth.
The global nano cosmetics pigments market is segmented based on product, application, and geography. The market analyzed based on the product includes titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, carbon black, iron oxide, and others. Based on application, the market is divided into facial make-up, lip products, eye make-up, nail products, hair color products, special effect & special purpose products, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- BASF SE
- Clariant International Ltd.
- Geotech International B.V.
- Huntsman Corporation
- Lanxess AGSensient
- Sensient Cosmetic Technologies
- Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global nano cosmetic pigments market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the different product of nano cosmetic pigments and their application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Nano Cosmetic Pigments Market Key Segmentation:
- Zinc Oxide
- Carbon Black
- Iron Oxide
- Lip Products
- Eye Make-Up
- Nail Products
- Hair Color Products
- Special Effect & Special Purpose Products
- Others (Hair Shampoo & Conditioner and Sunless Tanning Products)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
- Bramble Berry
- Mad Minerals Makeup
- Color Techniques
- Sun Chemical Corporation (DIC Corp.)
- Sensient Cosmetic Technologies
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries
- EMD Performance Materials (Merck)
- Kobo Products Inc.
(The aforementioned companies have not been profiled in the report, but can be include on request.)