Nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) involves integration of mechanical elements, sensors, actuators, and electronics over a common silicon substrate on a nanoscale. It is an advanced miniaturized form of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). NEMS is preferred over MEMS technology due to its advantages such as low power consumption, considerably smaller size, low cost owing to IC integration, and high-frequency resonance. Growth in incipient global NEMS market is expected to escalate rapidly owing to the rigorous R&D activities taking place in this sector. This nascent technology is applied in accelerometer in air bags, nano nozzles in printers, and inside cellphones for CDMA and GSM technologies.
Currently, this market is in its nascent phase, and the key players are investing heavily on R&D facilities. The market growth is primarily driven by its high-frequency resonance, impending need of device miniaturization, integration of sensors in devices used daily such as mobiles, and growth in the automobile & chemical industry. However, high prices of nano-materials and nano-components pose major threats to its growth. Although, the effect of this restraining factor will be abated in future by the constant technological developments and mass production. Novel developments in automobile & chemical industry have opened new opportunities for growth of the NEMS market.
The world NEMS market is segmented on the basis of type of fabrication technology, product type, material, application, and geography. The fabrication technologies comprise surface micromachining, silicon on insulator technology (SOI), and lithography electroplating and molding (LIGA). Based on the product type, the market is divided into nano-tweezers, nano-cantilevers, nano-switches, nano-accelerometers, and nano-fluidic modules. The material segment includes graphene, carbon nanotubes, SiC, SiO2, and others. The application segment is categorized into tools & equipment application, sensing & control applications, and solid state electronics. The market is further segmented geographically across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in the market include Nanocyl SA., Asylum Research Corporation, Cnano Technology Limited, Nanoshell Company, LLC, Inframat Advanced MaterialsTM LLC, Sun Innovations, Inc., Showa Denko K.K., Agilent Technologies Inc., Applied Nanotools Inc., and Bruker Corporation among others.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current trends and future estimations in the world nanoelctromechanical market is provided.
- The report provides a competitive scenario of the market along with the structure, driving factors, scope, opportunities, and challenges.
- The report includes a detailed analysis of the market segments to provide insights on the market dynamics.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers as well as provides insights on the competitive structure of the market to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making.
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of stakeholders involved at various stages.
NANOELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEMS (NEMS) MARKET SEGMENTATION
By FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY
- Silicon on Insulator Technology (SOI)
- LIGA (Lithography Electroplating and Molding)
By PRODUCT TYPE
- Nano-Fluidic Modules
BY MATERIAL TYPE
- Carbon Nanotubes
- Others (ZnO, GaN)
- Tools & Equipment Application
- Scanning Tunneling Microscope (STM)
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Mass Spectrometry
- Nano Nozzles
- Sensing & Control Applications
- Automotive Medical
- Industrial Process Control
- Solid State Electronics
- Random Access Memory Application
- Wireless Communication Application
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Nanocyl SA.
- Asylum Research Corporation
- Cnano Technology Limited
- Nanoshell Company, LLC
- Inframat Advanced MaterialsTM LLC
- Sun Innovations, Inc.
- Showa Denko K.K.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Applied Nanotools Inc.
- Bruker Corporation