Narcolepsy is characterized by several symptoms that includes cataplexy, excessive daytime sleepiness, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis. In addition, a narcolepsy patient also experiences automatic behaviors such as eating, walking, or driving, in a dazed manner. Symptoms differ from patient to patient and are usually diagnosed between the ages of 7 and 25.
Although narcolepsy is a rare and under-diagnosed chronic condition, there are many people affected by the disease. It was estimated that more than 1 in 2,000 people in the U.S. were affected by narcolepsy in 2012. The severity of the disease and rise in the number of people being affected by narcolepsy are some of the driving factors for the market growth. Furthermore, the availability of reimbursement for FDA-approved prescription medicines will help increase the demand for these drugs. However, lack of awareness regarding the diagnosis and treatment availability will hinder the market growth. An increase in the number of programs by various organizations to increase awareness will help open new avenues for the market growth.
The global narcolepsy drugs market is segmented based on disease type, therapeutics type, and geography. Based on disease type, the market is segmented into daytime extreme sleepiness, cataplexia, and others. Based on therapeutics type, the market is categorized into central nervous system stimulants, tricyclic antidepressants, sodium oxybate, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and others. Based on geography, the market has been examined across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Addrenex Pharmaceuticals, Shire Plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Arena Pharmaceuticals, Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc, Bioprojet, and Graymark Healthcare, Inc. have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017-2023, which assists in identifying prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario globally.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
Narcolepsy Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Disease Type
- Daytime Extreme Sleepiness
By Therapeutics Type
- Central Nervous System Stimulants
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Sodium Oxybate
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."