Natural killer cells, also known as NK cells, K cells, and killer cells, are a type of cytotoxic lymphocyte, which is a component of the innate immune system. These cells are the first line of defense and play a vital role in the host-rejection of both tumors and virally infected cells. NK cells are unique in nature and provide faster immune reactions as compared to other immune cells.
The global natural killer cell therapeutics market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to factors such as increase in awareness regarding immunotherapy and technological advancements focused on the development of bispecific antibody formats engaging NK cells to kill tumor cells. Thus, bispecific antibodies particularly trigger NK cells instead of T cells which may reduce the risk of side effects, associated with T cells. Coupled with technological advancements, high prevalence of chronic diseases (such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer), and strong product pipeline is projected to garner the growth of the market. High cost and side effects caused by NK cells medication can pose as a major obstacle for the growth of natural killer cell therapeutics market.
The natural killer cell therapeutics market is analyzed based on four geographical regions, which include North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico); Europe (France, Germany, UK. Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe); Asia-Pacific (China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific); and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The natural killer cell therapeutics market is highly competitive in nature as major players focus on R&D of NK cells, and adopt collaboration as their key strategy. The major players in the natural killer cell therapeutics market include Chipscreen Biosciences, Ltd. Affimed N.V., Altor BioScience Corporation, Innate Pharma S.A., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sorrento Therapeutics Inc., NantKwest Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb, and NKT Therapeutics, Inc. and others.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global natural killer cell therapeutics market.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
Natural Killer (Nk) Cell Therapeutics Market Segments
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA