Nepheline, also known as nephelite, is an igneous rock containing much lower silica content. It is formed out of molten magma in the absence of silica. Nepheline is distinguished on the basis of external appearance and mode of occurrence. Moreover, the alumina present in nepheline syenite increases resistance to breaking and scratching, provides chemical durability, and improves thermal endurance. In addition, nepheline possesses low iron content that aids in the necessary whiteness of the powdered material utilized for clear glass and as extender pigments, fiberglass, and fillers. Major deposits of nepheline syenite can be found in Khibiny Complex, Russia, Ontario, Norway, Brazil, Greenland, Egypt, and Mexico. Furthermore, nepheline is majorly used to manufacture alumina and aluminum metal.
The global nepheline market is driven by its wide usage in glass industry to manufacture glass, fiber glass, and speciality glass (used in manufacture of dinner ware); and increased demand as a major raw material in manufacture of ceramics used in bathroom fixtures, kitchen fixtures, and floor tiles. In addition, rapid adoption of ceramics and glasses in electronic sensors, automotive, and medical devices coupled with presence of abundant nepheline reserves in India, China, and Tasmania is expected to create new opportunities for market growth. However, high transportation costs involved in carrying nepheline from extraction sites to processing industries (glass and ceramics) are expected to limit this growth.
The report segments the market on the basis of product, application, form, and geography. Based on product, it is divided into nepheline syenite, nepheline monzonite, and nephelinites. Based on application, it is categorized into ceramic products, glass products, refractories, and others (potters, schools, and hobbyists). Based on form, it is bifurcated into powder and granules. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Unimin Corporation
- The Feldspar Corp.
- Maniar Group of Companies
- Pacer Corporation
- Zemex Industrial Minerals
- Gruppo Minerali Maffei SPA
- Monto Minerals Limited
- Sibelco Nordic AS
- Fineton Industrial Minerals Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global nepheline market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Nepheline Market Key Segments:
- Nepheline Syenite
- Nepheline Monzonite
- Ceramic Products
- Glass Products
- Others (Potters, Schools, and Hobbyists)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA