Network Centric Warfare Market Outlook - 2027
Network centric warfare is about strategic spectrum dominance and easily becomes part of modern war. Also, it involves warfare of the fifth generation which is fought in cyberspace which is usually to prevent cyber-attacks and data breaches and is equally important for national security. In various locations worldwide, aeronautical, defense, and security organizations use sophisticated technologies to detect risks that are actual and imminent. Network-centric warfare is a military operation involving the use of electromagnetic energies in the monitoring, manipulating, reducing, or preventing hostile use of electromagnetic spectrum and also the detection of the radar of an incoming missile and the gathering of radio signals from an opponent.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- According to IDC Artificial Intelligence spending report, worldwide spending on AI systems are going to reach $97.9 billion industry, from current $37.5 billion in 2019. This is going to boost the network centric market encorporating such technologies further.
- Tech firms are stepping up their emphasis on high-demand innovations and finding new ways to support their consumers, even as the COVID-19 crisis poses problems across sectors and leads to a decline in high technology investment.
- Also, to safeguard the national borders, real-time information is required. The introduction of network-centric warfare, therefore, helps compensate for the need for information, surveillance, and recognition (ISR) capabilities even in these pandemic situations.
- Solutions such as artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR) are expected to contribute significantly when adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic and addressing constantly changing challenges. Also, such systems could be remotely controlled and further used for monitoring future attacks to be able to tackle it automatically.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The network centric warfare market is growing to support many activities including combat damage assessment and region control, and target selection in addition to border defense. Also, the growing use of visual and infrared defense technologies allow the global growth of network centric warfare market . Finding the continuous control of the territories has also resulted in the increasing concern about transnational conflicts and cross-border terrorism. However, some factors limit market growth, such as the latest network-centric warfare platforms that are not suited for handling multiple threats. Therefore, the program won't be successful in times of massive unrest. Besides, the cost of introducing the program is high and is currently serving as a market constraint.
The global network centric warfare market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2019, BAE Systems, a global pioneer in network-centric warfare, has been awarded a contract by Lockheed Martin to improve the offensive and defensive Electronic warfare (EW) capabilities of fifth-generation F-35 Lightning II fighter planes. It will modernize the AN/ASQ-239 Network-centric Warfare/Countermeasures (EW/CM) program to resolve emerging threats and retain the capacity of U.S. and allied combatants to perform missions in disputed airspace in a secure manner. Also, On 4 November 2019, Saab performed the first flight tests with its new advanced Electronic Attack Jammer Pod (EAJP), achieving positive results. Besides, in October 2019, BAE Systems has won a US Navy $36.7 million contract to build and demonstrate next-gen dual-band Fiber-Optic Towed Decoy (FOTD) to protect aircraft and pilots from advanced threats.
Significant increase in defense modernization with network-centric warfare capabilities and shift in battlefield technologies
Over the forecast period, the increasing need for strategic wartime operations for crucial decision-making is expected to drive the network-centered market. The introduction of sophisticated computing algorithms opened new opportunities in the field of network-centric warfare. Besides, naval warships and hard to spot stealth aircraft can easily be tracked using network-centric warfare systems. LTE technology has also provided for the processing and transmission of complicated video and voice data on qualified mobile radio (PMR) systems in real-time. It is also anticipated that the growing popularity of small network-centric systems which can be incorporated in platforms such as patrol vessels and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) will drive market development. The network centric warfare market is improving by the introduction of network-centric warfare in ground, air, maritime, cyberspace, and space. It is expected that cutting-edge electromagnetic equipment will grow in importance in network-centric warfare in the coming years and will improve affordability. Military diversification is opening up new opportunities in the e-warfare business.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global network-centric warfare industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the network centric warfare market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the network centric warfare market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Network Centric Warfare Market Report Highlights
By Mission type
By Network type
Key Market Players
L-3 Communications Holdings, Elbit Systems, General Dynamics Corporation, Northrop Grumann Corporation, Airbus Group N.V., Thales Group, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Harris Corporation., Rockwell Collins, Bae Systems PLC, Cisco Systems, Raytheon Company