A neurovascular stent is a small, tube-like, flexible device that is made of either metal or polymer. The device is utilized to treat several conditions in the brain such as stenosis formation in the blood vessels and ischemic stroke. The neurovascular stents are used for thrombectomy as they have the ability to rapidly restore the blood flow in an acute embolic stroke. Globally, ischemic stroke is the major cause of disability and mortality.
High incidence rates of neurovascular disorders and rise in disorders such as ischemic stroke, stenosis, brain aneurysm, and other illnesses are the major driving factors for the market growth. Furthermore, growth in unhealthy diet, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, less physical activity, and stress has increased the incidence of cerebral aneurysms. In addition, high incidence of blood pressure has increased the risk of suffering from a ruptured aneurysm.
Moreover, a rise in the emergence of neurovascular stents with new technology will drive the market growth during the forecast period. The growing use of nitinol-based neurovascular stents due to its advantages such as superelasticity will help boost the market growth. When compared with other materials such as stainless steel and polymers, nitinol offers excellent biocompatibility, recovering elongation, and visibility.
The global neurovascular stent market is segmented based on product type, material, end users, and geography. Based on product type, the market is bifurcated into carotid artery stents and intracranial stents. Based on material, the market is categorized into metal and polymer. Metal is further divided into stainless steel and nitinol. Based on end users, it is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Based on geography, the market has been examined across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Abbott Laboratories, Gore Medical, Terumo Medical, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Acandis, Stryker, MicroPort Scientific, Cordis, and MicroPort Scientific have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017-2023, which assists in identifying prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of neurovascular stents) helps understand the competitive scenario globally.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
Neurovascular Stent Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Carotid artery stents
- Intracranial stents
By End Users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."