Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Overview:
Global Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market was valued at $3,567 million in 2015, and is expected to reach $12,801 million in 2022, supported by a CAGR of 19.9% during the forecast period 2014 to 2022. NGS is a technology in which millions and billions of DNA strands can be sequenced through massive parallelization. This technique is also known as high throughput sequencing. NGS minimizes the requirement for fragment-cloning methods used in Sanger sequencing of genomes. Low cost, high accuracy and speed, and precise results even from low sample input are the main advantages NGS offers over Sanger’s sequencing method.
NGS is used to execute various applications such as biomarker discovery, oncology studies, personalized medicine, agricultural & animal research, and others. NGS has streamlined nucleotide analysis and has widely replaced conventional tools of genomics, especially microarray efficiently. The demand for NGS has increased significantly owing to surge in NGS applications and rise in technological advancements in NGS. In addition, the growth in number of genome mapping programs throughout the world and increase in R&D investment drives the market growth.
Global Next Generation Sequencing Market Segmentation
The next generation sequencing market is segmented based on product, application, technology, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is segmented into consumables, platforms, and services. The consumables product segment is further bifurcated as sample preparation consumables and other consumables. The sample preparation consumables are further segmented into DNA fragmentation, end repair, A-Tailing & size selection, library preparation & target enrichment, and quality control. The platform NGS product segment is classified into HiSeq, MiSeq, Ion Torrent, SOLiD, Pacbio Rs II & Sequel System, and other sequencing platforms. The services segment is divided into sequencing services and data management. In the NGS product segment, consumables occupied dominant share in 2015, and is expected to maintain this trend during the forecast period. This is attributed to the fact that they are widely used throughout the sample preparation process and are needed to perform other pre-requisite steps of NGS.
Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
The impact of the driving factors is expected to overcome the effect of restraints. Moreover, the utilization of cloud computing in NGS for data management and untapped emerging economies are expected to provide new market opportunities to NGS manufacturers in the near future.
Drivers and Restraints
Global Next Generation Sequencing Market: Key product segment
The consumables product segment holds a significant share in the global next generation sequencing market. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Global Next Generation Sequencing, by Product, 2015 (%)
The key players operating in the global NGS market include Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc., Beijing Genomics Institute, Qiagen N.V., 454 Life Sciences Corporation (Roche Holding AG), Agilent Technologies, Inc., Perkinelmer, Inc., Genomatix GmbH, and PierianDx.
Other prominent players in the value chain include Eurofins Scientific, Gatc Biotech AG, Macrogen, Inc., Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., DNASTAR, Inc., Biomatters Ltd., Partek Inc., New England Biolabs, Inc. and Myriad Genetics, Inc.
Key Benefits of Next Generation Sequencing (Ngs) Market:
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global next generation sequencing market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- A quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities is discussed.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model interprets the bargaining power of suppliers & buyers, threat of new entrants & substitutes, and competition among the key players.
Next Generation Sequencing (Ngs) Market Key Segments
- Sample Preparation Consumables
- DNA Fragmentation, End Repair, A-Tailing and Size Selection
- Library Preparation & Target Enrichment
- Quality Control
- Other Consumables
- Sample Preparation Consumables
- Ion Torrent
- Pacbio Rs II and Sequel System
- Other Sequencing Platforms
- Sequencing Services
- RNA Sequencing
- Whole Exome Sequencing
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Targeted Sequencing
- Chip Sequencing
- De Novo Sequencing
- Methyl Sequencing
- Data Management Services
- NGS Data Analysis Services
- NGS Data Analysis Software & Workbenches
- NGS Storage, Management and Cloud Computing Solutions
- Sequencing Services
- Biomarkers and Cancer
- Reproductive Health
- Personalized Medicine
- Agriculture and Animal Research
- Other Applications
- Sequencing by Synthesis
- Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
- Sequencing by Ligation
- Single Molecule Real Time Sequencing
- Other Technologies
By End User
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
- Hospitals & Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA