Next Generation Wireless Network Market Insight
Wireless Technology primarily operates through radio waves to transmit and receive data. It is used in order to send data. In the present scenario, wireless technology is continuously evolving, starting with 0G (e.g., radio telephones) to 5G, the next generation wireless technology. Currently, 4G LTE (4th Generation Long term Evolution) technology and WiMAX is evolving and has wide applications due to its high data transfer speed and stability. The next generation wireless network 5G will operate on very high frequencies and will have a massive capacity and low latency. A next-generation network is basically an IP-based network that can transport multiple kinds of information and services that are related to data, voice, and video. It is a term that is primarily being used for the technological advancements in the telecommunication core and access networks.
Impact of COVID-19 on Next Generation Wireless Network Market:
- Zoom has become the posterchild of the Covid-19 technology impact. Interest for the video conferencing solution is surging during the crisis. In March, Zoom reported 200 million daily users, up from 10 million in December 2019.
- Organization’s should take proactive steps by advising their staff and customers to be more vigilant and cautious especially when opening links, emails or documents related to the subject COVID-19. Organizations should ensure their detection and alerting capabilities are functional while keeping an eye on the impact of having many remote workers.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many employees working from home and students learning virtually, enterprise virtual private network (VPN) servers have now become a lifeline to companies/schools, and their security and availability will be a major focus going forward. There is a possibility that an organization’s unpreparedness will lead to security misconfiguration in VPNs thereby exposing sensitive information on the internet and also exposing the devices to Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. In addition to this, some users may utilize personal computers to perform official duties which could also pose a great amount of risk to organizations.
- Organizations are hereby encouraged to sensitize their employees around information security outside of the office space. Working from public spaces should be restricted and organization should utilize technologies that ensure confidential information remain secure on these devices in the case of theft or damage.
- Gmail which is a part of cloud database market is playing a vital role for spreading information regarding COVID - 19.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
High speed, low prices and increasing applications and usage are the factors driving for the growth of next generation wireless network market. Additionally, internet of things is driving the growth of the market tremendously. However, security can hamper the growth of next generation wireless network market. Contrarily, increasing applications of wireless technology like self-driving cars, drones, household appliances and industrial machines is opportunistic factor for global market.
Advent of IoT
The Internet of Things (IoT)-centric concepts like augmented reality, high-resolution video streaming, self-driven cars, smart environment, e-health care, etc. have a ubiquitous presence now. These applications require higher data-rates, large bandwidth, and increased capacity. In light of these emerging concepts, IoT has revolutionized the world by providing seamless connectivity between heterogeneous networks (HetNets). The eventual aim of IoT is to introduce the plug and play technology providing the end-user, ease of operation, remotely access control and configurability.
Momentous developments in wireless sensor networks, telecommunications and informatics have paved the realization of pervasive intelligence which envisions the future Internet of things (IoT). The genesis of IoT goes back to the 1980s with the idea of ubiquitous computing whose objective was to embed technology in every day’s life. Currently, the IoT is envisaged both at the individual and professional level. For an individual, IoT plays a pivotal role in enhancing living standards in the form of e-health, smart home and smart learning. For a professional, IoT finds its application in automation, smart supply chain and transportation, remote monitoring and logistics.
Security is a big concern in wireless networking, especially with regards to its growing adoption within m-commerce and e-commerce applications. Mobility of users increases the security concerns in a wireless network. Current wireless networks employ authentication and data encryption techniques on the air interface to provide security to its users. The IEEE 801.11 standard describes wired equivalent privacy (WEP) that defines a method to authenticate users and encrypt data between the PC card and the wireless LAN access point. In large enterprises, an IP network level security solution could ensure that the corporate network and proprietary data are safe. Virtual private network (VPN) is an option to make access to fixed access networks reliable. Since hackers are getting smarter, it is imperative that wireless security features must be updated constantly.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global next generation wireless network industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global next generation wireless network market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global next generation wireless network market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
Next Generation Wireless Network Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Semtech Corporation, AT&T Inc., T-Mobile International AG, Cisco Systems, Inc., IBM Corporation, Vodafone Idea Limited, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., SIGFOX, Nokia Corporation