Nickel is a versatile element that is able to alloy with most metals. A wide solubility range among iron, chromium, and nickel make it possible to develop numerous alloy combinations. Nickel-base alloys are resistant to corrosion impact, pressure loads, and high-temperature environments. Thus, it is preferred in range of applications such as aircraft gas turbine, steam turbine power plants, medical applications, nuclear power systems, and chemical & petrochemical industries. Furthermore, these alloys are essential in the hottest parts of gas turbines, both for power generation and aircraft.
The major factor that drives the global nickel base alloy market is increase in utilization in aircraft, significant growth in the aerospace industry and rise in need for high-strength materials in aerospace and oil & gas industries that can withstand high temperature and resist creeping. However, high cost of these alloying metals is expected to hamper the market growth.
The global nickel base alloy market is segmented based on product, application, and geography. On the basis of product, it is divided into nickel base superalloy, nickel base corrosion-resistant alloy, nickel base shape memory alloy, and others. Based on application, it is categorized into aerospace & defense, oil & gas, energy & power, automotive, electrical & electronics, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI), Haynes International, Special Metals Corporation, Aperam S.A., Carpenter Technology Corporation, Doncasters, Nippon Yakin Kogyo, Universal Stainless, Danyang City Kaixin Alloy Material Co. Ltd., and VDM Metals, are also provided in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global nickel base alloy market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Nickel Base Alloy Market Key Segments:
- Nickel Base Superalloy
- Nickel Base Corrosion-resistant Alloy
- Nickel Base Shape Memory Alloy
- Aerospace & Defense
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Power
- Electrical & Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA
The other major players in the industry include the following:
- Corrosion Materials
- Welding Alloys Group
- Sandvik Materials Technology AB
- Rolled Alloys Inc.