Nifedipine is a drug that belongs to the class of calcium channel blocker, which interrupts the movement of calcium in the walls of the arteries. Nifedipine is used specifically to treat hypertension, arrhythmias, and angina. In addition, it has several other therapeutical applications such as ryanoids syndrome, cephalagra, and others.
Factors such as increase in geriatric population, healthcare expenditure, incidence of chronic diseases such as heart failure, arrhythmias, & hypertension, and healthcare awareness fuel the growth of the market. However, stringent government regulations and side-effects of the drugs such as hypotension, gastric ulcers, and congestive heart failure hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities are anticipated to present new growth opportunities.
The market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. By product, the market is bifurcated into nifedipine controlled release tablets and nifedipine extended release tablets. Based on application, the market is categorized into primary pulmonary hypertension, heart failure, ryanoids disease, cephalagra, bronchial asthma, and premature labor. By region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the nifedipine market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Nifedipine Market Key Segments:
- Nifedipine Controlled Release Tablets
- Nifedipine Extended Action Tablets
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Heart Failure
- Raynauds Syndrome
- Bronchial Asthma
- Premature Labor
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- AstraZeneca plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Vectura Group plc
- Pfizer Inc.