Nimodipine is marketed under a variety of brand names including Nimotop. It is used to treat a specific type of brain bleeding. It acts as a calcium channel blocker. The body usually responds to bleeding by narrowing the vein to a moderate circulatory system. However, when the bleeding occurs in the brain, the brain suffers more damage. Nimodipine works in the brain as a vasoconstrictor. It constricts the blood flow in brain, during any incident of bleeding in the brain, resulting in less blood loss. It helps in the prevention of brain damage caused by excessive bleeding.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that first emerged in late December in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China. The virus that causes, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is highly infectious and is and is transmitted from person to person. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a pandemic on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies along with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the vaccines development to medicine supply chain planning. Approximately, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a significant increase in the demand for the management of COVID-19. Such increased demand for these drugs has offered huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 treatment drugs, as many developed countries are experiencing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and the treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the nimodipine market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in cases of subarachnoid hemorrhage-SAH, surge in demand for calcium channel blockers, a rise in demand for improved neurological outcomes, and rise in geriatric population are some of the factors that drive the growth of the nimodipine market.
- Furthermore, demand for fast- acting treatments, advantages, and effectiveness associated with nimodipine such as improved vasoconstriction, constantly improving technology and recent developments, and increased investment by research and development teams, agreements, joint ventures and takeovers between key market players boost the growth of the nimodipine market.
- However, adverse effects such as bradycardia, hypotension, headache, and patient compliance associated with use of nimodipine restrain the growth of the nimodipine market.
- Rse in awareness regarding the treatment of subarachnoid hemorrhage-SAH and the launch of novel drug therapies are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
New R & D Activities to Form Novel Nimodipine Product
- Grace Therapeutics a diversified pharmaceutical company developed GTX-104 an aqueous nanoparticle product containing water-insoluble nimodipine for the treatment of subarachnoid hemorrhage, in 2021. This is expected to be the most stable intravenous formulation.
- The article on nimodipine was published in 2020, and a novel formulation of floating many-unit tiny tablets of nimodipine without the addition of gas-producing agent is under development.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of nimodipine market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the nimodipine market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Nimodipine Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the nimodipine market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "nimodipine"?
- What is the prediction of the "nimodipine" market in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "nimodipine" market?
- What are the current and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "nimodipine" market report?
Nimodipine Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Shandong Xinhua, Heritage Pharma Labs Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Sofgen Pharmaceuticals, Bayer Vital GmbH, Omicron Pharma, ThePharmaNetwork LLC, Arbor Pharmaceuticals LLC, Bionpharma Inc., LUSOCHIMICA S.p.A.