Metals that are corrosion resistant and offer oxidation in moist are known as noble metal catalysts. Noble metals include platinum (Pt), Osmaium (Os), palladium (Pd), ruthenium (Ru), silver (Ag), iridium (Ir), and gold (Au). These metals are considered valuable, as they are rarely found in the earths crust, and their utility in metallurgy and ornamentation (jewelry, sacred objects, and art).
The growth of the global noble metal catalyst market is driven by its widespread applications. However, performance dependency on temperature and loss of activity through poising & thermal deactivation hamper the market growth. Moreover, high cost of the metal restrains the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities to reduce costs and improve the quality of catalysts are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market.
The global noble metal catalyst market is segmented based on product, application, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is bifurcated into reactive metal and catalytic reaction. Reactive metals segment is further segmented as Ag catalyst, platinum catalyst, palladium catalyst, rhodium catalysts, and others. Homogenous catalysis uses and heterogenous catalysis uses are the subsegments of catalytic reaction. Applications covered in the study include pharmaceuticals, refinery, automobile, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market are focusing on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries Ag
- Johnson Matthey Plc.
- Heraeus Group
- Clariant International Ltd.
- Umicore SA
- Alfa Aesar
- Vineeth Precious Catalysts Pvt. Ltd.
- Shaanxi Kai Da Chemical Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Arora Matthey
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to assist to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the noble metal catalyst market is provided to assist the prevailing market opportunities.
Noble Metal Catalyst Market Key Segments:
- By Reactive Metal
- Ag Catalyst
- Platinum Catalyst
- Palladium Catalyst
- Rhodium Catalyst
- By Catalytic Reaction
- Homogenous Catalysis Use
- Heterogenous Catalysis Use
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA