Non-breathable Films Market Outlook - 2027
Packaging is an important factor for any industry. Without the proper packaging, the safety of the product inside the packaging cannot be ensured. There are various packaging methods or products, which are currently being used by companies. Non-breathable films are very important product packaging material used by different industries such as food & beverages, personal care, and pharmaceuticals. They prevent the entry of air into the packaging, which reduces contamination by moisture and oxygen. This helps to maintain the quality of the products, which are more vulnerable to contamination.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for non-breathable films is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as electronics and food, owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the non-breathable films industry negatively as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and non-essential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- The requirement of e-commerce specific packaging is likely to remain strong; although, the e-commerce companies would have to focus on protection of goods and sanitization of packages.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products, such as groceries and fresh food, mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging have faced sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during the first two quarters of 2020.
- Low disposable income of maximum population and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods led to the packaging industry to face significant pressure of reduction in both wholesale as well as retail costs.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant for consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services. This is expected to hinder the packaging industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Considering the vulnerability of products to corrosion caused by oxygen, humidity, and moisture, effective packaging of products is necessary. This is expected to maintain the product quality and it can be stored for a long time. Non-breathable film is an effective way to reduce the danger of corrosion of the product inside the packaging due to the moisture or air present in the atmosphere. These films are generally made up of polyamide, aluminum, inorganic oxides, polypropylene, and polyethylene. Out of these materials, polyethylene is the most widely used to produce non-breathable film. These bags come under the flexible packaging type as the product of different sizes and shapes can be packed by using non-breathable film. Furthermore, non-breathable films are widely used in the food & beverages industry. As packaged food products are more commonly consumed in various countries across the globe, non-breathable film are used for the packaging of food products. However, the shelf life of these food products is comparatively less. Therefore, to increase the shelf life and maintain the quality, non-breathable films are widely used as these bags prevent moisture and air contamination of the packaged food products.
Moreover, people are becoming more aware about the use of hygiene products, which are disposable. Non-breathable films are also used for the production of various disposable sanitary products such as incontinence pads, sanitary pads, and baby diapers. For manufacturing non-breathable films, polyethylene is the most widely used material. These films are formed by the extrusion process. The mixture of polyethylene is put into the extrusion machine where it gets melted and then it is taken out by using the extrusion method.
The demand for packaged foods products is rising across the globe. Packaged food products require good packaging to increase the shelf life and prevent the product from getting contaminated. Therefore, there is rise in demand for non-breathable films from the food industry. Furthermore, Asia-Pacific is considered to be an important region for the growth of the non-breathable films market. Considering the rate of new born babies in some countries, such as India and China, the demand for baby diapers is increasing. This is considered to be a key driving factor for the growth of the non-breathable films market.
New product launch in the market
Many market players of non-breathable films are trying to introduce new products in the market. These products are more effective and efficient than the previous products. For example, in October 2019, Mitsubishi Polyester firm launched a new solution, Superio UT film. This film is made up of polyetherimid. It has various properties such as smoke density, low flammability, and high toughness.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the non-breathable films market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the non-breathable films market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed non-breathable films market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Non-breathable Films Market Report Highlights
By Production Method
Key Market Players
Bischof + Klein SE & Co. KG, Mitsubishi Polyester Film, Inc., Jindal Poly Films Limited, Polyplex Corporation Ltd., Berry Global, Inc., POLIFILM GmbH, Toray Plastics (America), Inc., Trioplast Industrier AB, RKW Group, Amcor Limited, Glenroy, Inc, Bemis Company, Inc., Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc., Sealed Air Corporation, GCR Group, Uflex Ltd., Clondalkin Group Holdings BV, Winpak Ltd.