Non-invasive prenatal testing is also known as non-invasive parenteral screening, which is a nascent genetic process of examining a fetal cell free DNA present in the mothers blood serum for detecting common fetal aneuploidies. Its main objective is early detection of genetic disorders such as trisomy 21 (Down syndrome), trisomy 18 (Edward syndrome), trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome), and monosomy X (Turner syndrome). It can also detect the blood group and rhesus actor of the fetus. Some of the NIPTs currently available in the global market are MaterniT21 PLUS, Harmony, Panorama, NIFTY, PrenaTest, BambniTest, and others.
Growth in reimbursements for the NIPT sector, increased shift from invasive methods to non-invasive methods, and growth of maternal age (associated with growth in the risk of chromosomal abnormalities in babies) drive the market. In addition, launch and development of advanced and new technologies and non-invasive parenteral testing products also fuels the market growth. However, lack of skilled professionals as well as strict regulatory guidelines and ethical hurdles slow down the process of approvals and marketing, thus restricting the market growth. Untapped emergence of new market in Asia-Pacific make way for growth opportunities for his market.
The report segments the market on the basis of product, method, application, end users, and region. Based on product, it is bifurcated into consumables and instruments. Based on method, it is divided into ultrasound detection, biochemical screening tests, cell-free DNA in maternal plasma tests, and fetal cells in maternal blood tests. Based on application, it can be categorized into trisomy, microdeletion syndrome, and other applications. By geography, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of non-invasive parenteral testing market are Ge Healthcare (General Electric Company), Koninklijke Philips N.V., Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc., Perkinelmer, Inc., Qiagen N.V., Agilent Technologies, Inc., and Beijing Genomics Institute.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the non-invasive prenatal testing market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type elucidates various forms of non-invasive prenatal testing available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (Nipt) Market Key Segmentation:
- Assay Kits & Reagents
- Ultrasound Devices
- Next-Generation Sequencing Systems
- Polymerase Chain Reaction Instruments
- Other Instruments
- Ultrasound Detection
- Biochemical Screening Tests
- Cell-Free DNA in Maternal Plasma Tests
- Fetal Cells in Maternal Blood Tests
- Microdeletion Syndrome
- Other Applications
By End User
- Diagnostic Laboratories
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Rest of LAMEA