Non-lethal weapons market Overview:
Non-Lethal Weapons Market is expected to garner $9,656 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period 2016-2022. Non-lethal weapons are primarily designed to incapacitate human beings to avoid fatalities. These weapons are used as an effective alternative for minimizing casualties during critical situations such as riots situations, civil unrest, combat situations, self-defense, and others. Military organizations, law enforcement agencies, and civilians are the key end users of non-lethal weapons. The world non-lethal weapons market is driven by increased budgetary expenses for military organizations, rise in the rate of violent crimes, and high amount of investment in research & development activities for advancement of non-lethal weapons. However, factors such as opposition from human rights activists, stringent weapon laws & safety regulations for civilians, rising number of incidents causing adverse effects due to use of non-lethal weapons restrict the non-lethal weapons market growth.
Prominent players offering non-lethal weapons across the globe include TASER International, Inc., LRAD Corporation and Chemring Group PLC, Condor Non-Lethal Technologies, Combined Systems, Inc., and PepperBall Technologies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTATION
Top impacting factors of world non-lethal weapons market
Technologically advanced solutions
Non-lethal weapons are effective substitutes for traditionally used weapons such as lethal guns, grenades and others. Continuous innovation and technologically advanced products, such as TASER Pulse by Taser International, Inc., and LRAD 450XL by LRAD Corporation, launched by industry players, have boosted the growth of non-lethal weapons industry in the recent years. Growing demand for directed energy weapons, conducted energy weapons, active denial weapons, multi-flash bangs, electromagnetic weapons, laser interdiction systems, and others, are expected to contribute significantly to the global revenue during the forecast period.
Rising demand for crowd control
Factors such as political imbalance, social unrest due to economic and political crises, and poor governance issues in some parts of the world have resulted in civil unrest, riot situations, and criminal activities. Recent incidences of violent protests by civilians and war-like situations in Somalia, Syria, Tehran, Sudan, and Middle East countries have fostered the demand for non-lethal and crowd-control weapons.
Research and Development initiatives
Major industry players and defense organizations work in collaboration to deliver innovative products. TASER International, Inc., LRAD Corporation and Chemring Group PLC, General Dynamics Corporation are some companies, which work in collaboration with governments. Government organizations fund such mergers to propel the growth of non-lethal weapons industry. For instance, in September 2013, General Dynamics Corporation received funding from the Department of Defense (Pentagon) to develop directed energy weapons. Moreover, companies have their dedicated research division, and annual reports have revealed that the major portion of their annual revenue is spent on R&D activities. This factor is expected to increase the non-lethal weapons market size in the coming years.
The below chart represents the top factors impacting the global non-lethal weapons market during the forecast period.
TOP IMPACTING FACTORS
The following graph highlights the statistics of countries with least peace score. The numbers for each country denotes their high rate of violent crimes.
MOST VIOLENT COUNTRIES WITH LEAST PEACE SCORE (2015)
The following graph displays the statistics for countries with high budgetary military expenditure.
COUNTRIES, BY MILITARY EXPENDITURE, 2015
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the non-lethal weapons market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with their impact analysis.
- Porters Five Forces model illustrates the competitiveness of the non-lethal weapons market by analyzing various parameters such as threat of new entrants, threat of substitutes, strength of buyers, and strength of suppliers operating in the market.
- The value chain analysis of the industry signifies the key intermediaries involved, and elaborates their roles and value additions at every stage of the value chain.
- The quantitative analysis of the market for the period of 2014 - 2022 has been provided to elaborate the market potential.
Non-Lethal Weapons Market Key Segments:
The market is segmented based on type, technology, application, and geography.
- Explosives, Gases and Sprays
- Directed Energy Weapons
- Conducted Energy Weapons
- Chemical Non-Lethal Weapons
- Acoustic Non-Lethal Weapons
- Electromagnetic Non-Lethal Weapons
- Mechanical and Kinetic Non-Lethal Weapons
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Personal Application
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players
- Condor Non-Lethal Technologies
- Combined Systems, Inc.
- PepperBall Technologies, Inc.
- Safariland, LLC (Armor Holdings, Inc.)
- General Dynamics Corporation
- AMTEC Less-Lethal Systems, Inc.
- Lamperd, Inc.
- TASER International, Inc.
- LRAD Corporation
- Chemring Group PLC
Other Market Players Mentioned in The Report
SALT Supply Co., Street Wise Security Products, Arc Angel, Arma USA, Personal Security Products, Raytheon Company, Ultra Electronics USSI, IMLCORP, LLC, BAE systems, General Atomics Blitzer system, Alternative Ballistics and others.