Non-woven is a technology which involves processes other than knitting and weaving. The process starts with the formation of fiber web and followed by subsequent bonding of these webs with the reinforcing chemicals. The fibers mostly used can carbon, glass, aramid etc. The process of bonding these reinforced fibers with a matrix of resin is called as impregnation and the combination of reinforcing fiber and resin matrix is called as prepreg. Thus, non-woven glass fiber prepreg is a strong composite material with exceptional mechanical properties. The resins (matrix) used in the prepreg depend on the ultimate applications and properties required in the composite material. They can thermoplastics or thermosetting type of resins. The mostly used thermosetting matrix are of epoxy, phenolic and bismaleimide. For instance, in aero engines excellent resistance high temperature is an essential criterion for which bismaleimide matrix is used. For fire resistance phenolic are used whereas for excellent mechanical properties epoxy type are used. Non-woven glass fiber prepreg basically finds application in aerospace and industrial sector wherein the wind energy in industrial sector consumes prepreg mostly.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and they will have a big impact on the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market in 2020.
- The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths all across the world. Exports & Imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The lockdown has resulted in hampering the imports and exports of various goods. Also, the uncertainty created in the market in the consumers’ buying pattern has resulted in hampering of the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market.
Top Impacting Factors
The global non-woven glass fiber prepreg is expected to grow relatively at a high growth rate with the increased growth in the end use industries. The global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market is primarily driven by the increasing need of the high-performance materials in the industrial and aerospace sectors such as automotive industry, wind energy and industrial machinery. The high demand for sports equipment and sports goods further drives the global non-woven glass fibers.
- Growing demand from automobile sector is a key driver for the market.
- Non-woven glass fiber prepreg is a strong composite material with excellent mechanical properties. The growing demand for light-weight automobiles has increased the usage of non-woven glass fiber prepreg in recent times. The properties of non-woven glass fiber prepreg include stiffness and strength, good thermal and corrosion resistance, electrical and chemical properties, and significant weight savings over metals. Increasing applications for high-performance composites, growing demand for lightweight vehicles, technological advancements in automobiles in developing regions are driving the demand for non-woven glass fiber prepreg through the years to come.
- Growing demands in Asia-Pacific developing regions is a major boost for the market.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market owing to the highly developed automobile sector in China, Korea, and Japan, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region to advance the wind energy, aerospace, and defense sectors through the years. In Asia-Pacific, the aerospace and defense sectors have been growing significantly in recent years. Asia-Pacific is one of the largest producers of aerospace components and a leading exporter of aerospace components and materials to other countries. Increasing demand for higher efficiencies in automobiles, increasing aerospace sector and wind energy technologies in developing countries are expected to drive the market for non-woven glass fiber prepreg through the years to come.
- Advancement and development in wind energy generation is also aiding the market growth.
- Wind energy is expected to remain the largest user of non-woven glass fiber prepreg market during the forecast period, driven by increasing wind energy installations worldwide. The continuous increasing wind blade length needs a material which has high load bearing properties. Non-woven glass fiber prepreg based wind turbine blades provide higher load bearing capacity than woven prepreg based blades and are highly suitable for longer wind blades. Glass fiber based non-woven prepreg are mostly used to manufacturer different sections of wind blades.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight non-woven glass fiber prepreg market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed non-woven glass fiber prepreg market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
- Questions answered in the Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market “?
- What does " Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market " allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make “Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market “a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the “Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market” market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the " Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market” Market?
- What are the key benefits of the “Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market “Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Non-Woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
Teijin Ltd., 3B-the fibreglass company, Nitto Boseki Co. Ltd., Owens Corning, Jushi Group Co. Ltd., Hexcel Corporation, Toray Industries Inc., Plast Product3D Ltd., Gurit Holding AG, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation