Norfloxacin is a synthetic broad spectrum antibiotic, which acts against most gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. This antibiotic is mainly used to treat urinary tract infections by inhibiting bacterial cell division.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the norfloxacin market include the high prevalence of urinary tract infections (UTI), chronic diseases, and rise in geriatric population contributing to a large patient pool. Moreover, large number of clinical trials and innovative R&D approaches to develop advanced antibiotics drive the market growth. However, development of drug-resistant strains and side effects associated with the use of antibiotic restrain the market growth. The development of prospect molecules and novel combination therapies by R&D processes, which are used to treat antibiotic-resistant microbial infections further provides various opportunities for market growth.
Norfloxacin market is segmented on the basis of brand names, application, and region. Based on brand names, norfloxacin is divided as Chibroxin, Noroxin, and others. On the basis of application, the market is classified into uncomplicated urinary tract infections, complicated urinary tract infections, uncomplicated urethral and cervical gonorrhea, prostatitis, and others, which include pyelonephritis, Salmonella enteric fever, Salmonella gastroenteritis, and shigellosis. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Merck KGaA, Eli. Lilly & Co., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc, AbZ-Pharma GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Shandong Xinhua Pharmaceutical, Kyorin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., and Lancer Health Care Pvt. Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Norfloxacin Market Key Segments:
By Brand Names
- Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections
- Complicated Urinary Tract Infections
- Uncomplicated Urethral and Cervical Gonorrhea
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA