Corneal pachymetry is a procedure of determining the thickness of eyes cornea using a medical device known as pachymeter. Corneal pachymetry can be carried out either by ultrasonic or optical methods. In corneal pachymetry, pachymeter using ultrasonic transducer which touches the cornea and measures the thickness of the cornea, usually in micrometres.
Increase in incidence of eye disorders such as glaucoma, growth in geriatric population, and rise in patients concerns regarding eye disorders through education drive the market growth. Moreover, technological advancements in handheld devices for detecting glaucoma and advancement in R&D activities further enhance the market growth. However, high cost of devices and stringent regulatory compliance norms majorly hamper the market growth. Increase in eye disorders such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy, and development of novel devices by key vendors and their approvals provide numerous opportunities in near future.
The North American corneal pachymetry market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end user, and country. Based on type, the market is divided into ultrasonic method, and optical method. Based on application, it is bifurcated into glaucoma diagnosis and refractive surgery. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into hospitals, clinics, and others. By country, the market is analyzed across U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The key players operating in this market include DGH Technology, Inc., Tomey Corporation, MicroMedical Devices, Inc., NIDEK CO., LTD., Accutome Inc., Oculus VR, Sonomed Escalon, Konan Medical USA, Inc., Optovue, Incorporated, and MEDA Co., Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidate the competitive outlook of the market.
North America Corneal Pachymetry Market Key Segments:
- Ultrasonic Method
- Optical Method
- Glaucoma Diagnosis
- Refractive Surgery
By End User