Deep brain stimulation devices or neurostimulators are used in surgical procedures to treat neurological disorders by sending or blocking electrical signals to the targeted area. It is used to treat various neurological symptoms such as essential tremor, stiffness, and walking disability. Only patients with failed medication history undergo procedure using deep brain stimulation devices.
Factors such as increase in geriatric population, rapid rise in incidences of epilepsy, essential tremors, and increasing cases of Alzheimers & Parkinsons disease drive the growth of the North American deep brain stimulation devices market. However, high cost of devices and risk of infection at the stimulator site restrain the market growth. The new applications of deep brain stimulation devices to treat Alzheimers disease and tinnitus have created opportunities for new as well as existing players in the market.
The North American deep brain stimulation devices market is segmented on the basis of product, target, application, and countries. Based on product, the market is segmented as into single channel and dual channel deep brain stimulator. By target, the market can be categorized into thalamus, subthalamic nucleus, globus pallidus, and pedunculopontine nucleus. Based on application, the market is segmented into chronic pain, dystonia, Alzheimers disease, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, epilepsy, and Parkinsons disease. By country, this market has been analyzed across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The key players that operate in the market include Medtronic plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, Enteromedics, Cyberonics, St. Jude Medical, Inc., Neuropace, Zynex, Neuronetics, Functional Neuromodulation Ltd., and Neurosigma, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the North American deep brain stimulation devices market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the North American deep brain stimulation devices market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the North America deep brain stimulation devices market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the North American deep brain stimulation devices.
North America Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Market Key Segments:
- Single Channel Deep Brain Stimulator
- Dual Channel Deep Brain Stimulator
- Subthalamic Nucleus
- Globus Pallidus
- Pedunculopontine Nucleus
- Chronic Pain
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parkinsons disease
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."