North America Ethernet Cable Market Overview:
North America Ethernet Cable Market size is anticipated to reach $376 million by 2022 from $121 million in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 17.7% from 2016 to 2022. Presently, communication between devices is not feasible without Ethernet cables. Ethernet is the global standard for a system of wires and cables to connect multiple computers, devices, and machines over an organization’s single network to interconnect all the computers. The increase in industrialization and rapid development in the IT industry allows users to switch to Ethernet cables from other networking methods. These cables are used for data transmission over short and long distances through copper cables and fiber optic cables, thus covering approximately a range of 100 meters to 2,000 meters.
This market growth is further supported by its unmatched benefits such as higher data transfer speed, increased reliability, and lower chances of interference from external factors. Currently, higher installation costs and tough competition from wireless technologies majorly restraint the market growth. However, these restraints are expected to lose their impact shortly, owing to rapid technological advancements and various benefits such as Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) in the Ethernet cable market.
Greater Reliability And Lower Security Threats
Ethernet cables are widely used in various industries and broadcast applications, where the reliability of connection is a critical concern. Ethernet cables are very reliable as compared to other networking techniques. Also, these are well-shielded and offer better immunity to noise and other security threats as the Internet connection has been issued through cables and can only be connected if the device is physically plugged into the router, thus providing a secure gateway for data transfer.
Geographically, the U.S. is expected to dominate the country-specific market for Ethernet cables throughout the forecast period with a market share of 72%. This is primarily due to the large amounts of industrial and broadcasting applications on advanced technology for faster Internet connectivity. Wide acceptance of Ethernet cables across North America is due to the increase in need for a secure and reliable transmission medium. Increase in fiber-optic Ethernet cable applications and substantial increase in the number of internet users across a popular video streaming service, such as Netflix, which accounts for about 37% of the internet traffic in the region, is expected to boost the growth of the market.
Top Investment Pockets
The North America Ethernet cable market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. The application sector is further segmented into five categories mainly industrial, broadcast, enterprise, IT & network security, and others.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the North America Ethernet cable market across major countries as well as estimated revenues generated during the forecast period.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to help the manufacturers of Ethernet cables analyze the market effectively.
- All the projections in the report are based on an analysis of the current market trends and highlight the market potential from 2016 to 2022, in terms of value.
- The report conducts extensive analysis of the market by closely following key product positioning and monitoring top contenders within the market framework.
- The report also provides quantitative as well as qualitative market trends to help stakeholders understand the situations that prevail in the market.
Ethernet Cable Market Key Smentation
- Copper Cable
- Fiber-Optic Cable
- IT & Network Security
- Belden, Inc.
- General Cable Technologies Corporation
- Alpha Wire
- Schneider Electric
- Anixter, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Prysmian Group
*Other companies in value chain
- AQ Communications LLC
- Comcast Cable
- Copper State Communications
- GM Cable Contractors, Inc.
- Sterlite Tech
*Profiles of these players are not included. The same will be included on request