The drivetrain system constitutes of various components that are used to deliver power for driving wheels of a vehicle. It excludes engine or motor that generates power. The main function of drivetrain is to convert power of engine into mechanical energy that drive wheels. The components in drivetrain includes transmission, driveshaft, propeller shaft, clutch/torque converter, transfer case, differential, and others. The components in drivetrain vary according to the type of vehicle. Integration of electronics in drivetrain systems enhances the performance of drivetrain. Technological advancements present new avenues for drivetrain systems.
The key factors driving the North American drivetrain market are enhanced driving experience and improved fuel efficiency over conventional systems, increasing need for better acceleration, traction, & towing capabilities in vehicles, and better vehicle control in unfavorable terrains. Increasing fuel prices and high initial & maintenance cost are factors restraining the growth of the market. However, emerging markets for SUV & cars present opportunities for growth of the market.
The North American drivetrain market is segmented based on drive type, vehicle type, and geography. The market is further categorized based on drive type into FWD, RWD, and AWD. On the basis of vehicle type, the market is further classified into Passenger Car, LCV, and HCV. Geographically, the market is segmented into the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
The prominent manufacturers operating in the market are Magna Internationals Inc., Aisin Seiki Co., JATCO, Borg Warner, Allison Transmission, ATC Drivetrain, Showa Corp., American Axle & Manufacturing Inc., GKN PLC, and Dana Holding Corporation. They have implemented strategies, such as mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and others to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the North American drivetrain market.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the North American drivetrain market.
- An extensive analysis of dominant market shares for each segment helps in understanding the current status of market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an exhaustive information about new product launches, research and recent developments of the North American drivetrain market.
- Geographically, the North American drivetrain market is segmented into U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
NORTH AMERICAN DRIVETRAIN MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Market By Drive Type
Market By Vehicle Type
Market By Country
Key Market Player
- Magna Internationals Inc.
- Aisin Seiki Co.
- Borg Warner
- Allison Transmission
- ATC Drivetrain
- Showa Corp.
- American Axle & Manufacturing Inc.
- GKN PLC
- Dana Holding Corp.