Intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD) is a reversible, long acting T-shaped device, which is inserted into uterus for contraception purposes. It prevents fertilization of eggs in the uterus and thus, helps to avoid pregnancy. IUCDs can provide contraception for 3 to12 years after insertion into the vagina, depending on type of ICUD and preference. IUCDs do not interfere in sexual intercourse or breastfeeding and can be used as an effective alternative to contraceptive pills. It can be inserted immediately after delivery or abortion. Women are able to retain fertility rapidly after its removal. IUCDs are widely used due to lower failure rates and cost effective nature for long-term use.
The major driving factors of the North American intrauterine contraceptive devices market are the increasing rate of unplanned pregnancies, especially in young females and the rising need for controlling population growth. Similarly, IUCD provides several advantages such as fewer side effects over oral contraception, which is a major driving factor. In addition, favorable government initiatives would further provide boost to the market. For instance, the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), supportive private firms initiatives for reducing expenses related to abortion, and funds for IUCD products have augmented the market growth. However, high rate of complications during unplanned pregnancy, high costs of treatment, threat of ectopic pregnancy, and the need for compulsory assistance of medical professionals are factors hindering the growth of the market. Despite several restrain, the increasing number of manufacturers and technological advancements would create huge growth opportunities for the North America intrauterine contraceptive devices market in near future.
The North American intrauterine contraceptive devices market is segmented on the basis of type, into hormonal IUCD and copper IUCD. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for United States., Canada, and Mexico.
The report provides, comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Bayer Healthcare AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Actavis PLC, Medicines360, Trimedic Supply Network Ltd., Medisafe Distribution Inc., and Pace Pharmaceuticals Inc. have been provided in this report. The leading market players have adopted mergers & acquisitions and partnerships as one of the key developmental strategy., in order to gain strong foothold of market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the North American intrauterine contraceptive devices market.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the North American intrauterine contraceptive devices market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An extensive analysis of dominant market shares for each segment helps in understanding the current status of market.
- The report provides an exhaustive information about new product launches, research and recent developments of the North American intrauterine contraceptive devices market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by major companies helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the leading companies for effective strategy formulation.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Type
- Hormonal IUCD
- Copper IUCD
- By Geography
- United States
North American Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices (IUCD) Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Allergan plc, Merck & Co., Inc., EMD Serono, Inc., HLL Lifecare Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer Inc., PMI Reproductive Health, Inc., Evofem Biosciences, Inc., CooperSurgical, Inc., Bayer AG