Ophthalmology cataract surgery devices are used to remove the natural lens of a human eye. Cataract is a state of an eye in which cornea becomes opaque, and causes loss of lens transparency which results in loss of vision or impairment. Cataract is treated without causing harm to cornea using ophthalmology cataract surgery devices. The instruments used in the ophthalmology cataract surgery are Toric Marker, pre-chopper, contact lenses, speculum, phoropter, tonometers, and others.
The key factors driving the growth of the North American ophthalmology cataract surgery devices market are rising aging population, increasing strategic expansion of major manufacturers, and changing geographical trends & demographics. However, the restraining factors of growth of this market are economic slowdown and saturation. Intraocular lenses & phacoemulsification devices and untapped emerging markets provide substantial opportunities for the growth of the market.
The North American ophthalmology cataract surgery devices market is segmented based on submarket, end user, and geography. The market is further segmented based on submarket into intraocular lenses, phacoemulsification devices, and ophthalmic viscoelastic devices. The market is classified based on end user into private eye clinics, hospitals, and other end users. Geographically, the market is segmented into U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The key manufacturers profiled in the report are Abbott Laboratories, Alcon Inc., Allergan Inc., Bausch & Lomb Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditech AG, Essilor International S.A., NIDEK Co. Ltd., Topcon Corporation, and STAAR Surgical Company. The manufacturers have implemented strategies, such as mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, agreements, and others, to gain strong presence in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the North American ophthalmology cataract surgery devices market.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the North American ophthalmology cataract surgery devices market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An extensive analysis of dominant segment of the market helps in understanding the current status of market.
- The report provides an exhaustive information about new product launches, research and recent developments of the North American ophthalmology cataract surgery devices market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by major companies helps in understanding a competitive scenario.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the leading companies for effective strategy formulation.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Intraocular Lenses
- Phacoemulsification Devices
- Ophthalmic Viscoelastic Devices
By End User
- Private Eye Clinics
- Other End Users
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."