Transmission system uses a set of gears ratios that switches between them as speed varies and converts torque from engine to wheels. The switching can be performed manually or automatically. The gearbox plays a crucial role in adaptation of the output of internal combustion engine to drive wheels to provide the necessary speed. The components of transmission system are modulator, torque converter, governor, output shafts, planetary gears, differential, hydraulic designs, and axles. It increases fuel efficiency and ensures smooth operation of a vehicle. Manufacturers are striving to provide cost effective solutions without compromising on performance to attract users globally.
The key factors that fuel the growth of the North American transmission system market are improved fuel efficiency for conventional systems, enhanced driving experience in terms of smooth gear shifting, and growing demand for low carbon footprint technologies. The restraining factors are saturation of the automatic transmission systems in the North American market, increasing demand for electric vehicles, and the high cost of high-end transmission systems. However, increasing demand for hybrid vehicles and emergence of CVT as a key technology for improved fuel efficiency create opportunities for growth of the market.
The North American transmission system market is segmented based on vehicle type, transmission type, and geography. On the basis of vehicle type, the market is further classified into Passenger Car, LCV, and HCV. The market is further categorized based on transmission type into manual, automatic, AMT, and CVT. This market is segmented into U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
The prominent manufacturers operating in the market are Magna Internationals Inc., Aisin Seiki Co., JATCO, GKN Drivetrain, Borg Warner, Allison Transmission, ATC Drivetrain, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Eaton Corporation, and GETRAG Corporate Group. They have implemented strategies, such as partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, and others to sustain and strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the North American transmission system market.
- An extensive analysis of dominant market shares for each segment helps in understanding the current status of market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the North American transmission system market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the North American transmission system market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- The North American transmission system market is segmented into U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
NORTH AMERICAN TRANSMISSION SYSTEM MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Market By Vehicle Type
Market By Transmission Type
Market By Country
Key Market Player:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Magna Internationals Inc.
- Aisin Seiki Co.
- Borg Warner
- Allison Transmission
- ATC Transmission system
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- GETRAG Corporate Group
- GKN Drivetrain
- Eaton Corporation